PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Aeware/Kenwood remote TSC-55

gregski
06-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Does anyone have the stock Kenwood/Aeware wired remote that they aren't using and would like to part with? Mine is not working at all. I tend to think these are a little cheesy but I'm up against the WAF (Wife acceptability factor) so a direct replace would be best.

kaneboats
06-18-2014, 02:11 PM
I never use mine. I have a zone controller right under the dash. Will there be a hole left if I remove it?

gregski
06-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Yeah, There are three holes. A larger hole (3/4" maybe) in the center for the wires and two smaller holes to the sides for some mounting screws. I think there are a lot of Moombas out there that don't use this remote but leave it installed for aesthetics only.

Gabbyg88
06-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I know your not looking to spend too much money on this one but here is what I did. I replace my headunit with a new Kenwood KMR-550U and also replace the Aeware remote with Kenwood Kca-Rc107Mr Wired Marine LCD Remote along with the extension cable. Very is install, all I had to to do is open the 3/4" center hole with a dremal drum sander and the new remote fit perfect.

kaneboats
06-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Yeah, There are three holes. A larger hole (3/4" maybe) in the center for the wires and two smaller holes to the sides for some mounting screws. I think there are a lot of Moombas out there that don't use this remote but leave it installed for aesthetics only.

I wonder if I could move my ballast switches up to that spot. Hmmmm.

JONBLARC7
06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I have a KTS-RC100MR MARINE REMOTE CONTROL I'm not using, but I'm not sure if it will work for you.