PDA

View Full Version : Racks for Oval portion of Rad-A-Cage Tower

skyskiwannabee
06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I am looking to find out if anyone has had success in finding a surfboard rack or combo surf/wakeboard rack that will fit like the OEM's do. I found some swivel racks for the round part of the tube (1 5/8") for $350 that won't swivel very far with the stock bimini. Everything else I have seen are for larger diameter towers. I have wasted weeks searching now so any help or options are appreciated.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-16-2014, 03:02 PM
I use knee board racks that attach with the c-clamps.

Similar to these:

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/series_elite/wakeboard_tower_kneeboard_rack_tines/

slipperyrockTKE300
06-16-2014, 03:07 PM
here it is!

$49 per fork

http://www.diywake.com/store/wakeboard-tower-racks

skyskiwannabee
06-16-2014, 03:25 PM
So if I understand the website right I would need 2 forks + Bungee Chord. Also, it looks like I would need to find the backers to clamp it on. I want to keep my wakeboard rack unless I can find a surf/rack combo.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-16-2014, 05:53 PM
correct. You need two forks and a bungee cord. You can use the c-clamps from the factory wakeboard racks or contact Cody at XTP and he can sell you a pair.

I think last time I asked him he wanted about $30 for the pair.

Use the kneeboard rack to hold surf boards, wake boards, whatever.

I put these racks on both sides of my tower - cost for everything was like $120 for two pairs

skyskiwannabee
06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Awesome...Last dumb question, do you feel the kneeboard rack adequately holds your surfboard? And do you have contact info for Cody? Not sure who XTP is, but I guess I need to know.
Thanks!

slipperyrockTKE300
06-17-2014, 06:12 AM
the rack does a great job of holding anything (as long as you have the bungee in place) - I can fit two Inland Surfer boards in one rack.

XTP is "extreme tower products" aka monster tower - the folks who make our towers. He is a forum member, but I forget his moniker. I'm sure someone will pipe in with it - or contact XTP customer service

I keep harping on this, but If your gonna use this kneeboard rack - use the clamps from your now unused wakeboard rack. It is a direct fit.

You will need to make 4 hooks for the bungee's to fit into, but that is simply made from a 1" wide strip of aluminum purchased from Ace Hardware for $3. Bend one end into a loop, drill 2 holes and sandwich that between the kneeboard rack and one section of c-clamp.

You will need to drill 1 hole into bottom fork of each rack to hold the bungee. I just tied a knot to hold it on.

Someday when I re-learn how to post photos again, I'll put up photos of mine.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-17-2014, 06:17 AM
sorry for the duplicate post - I thought I accidentally deleted the above post when I tried to edit it.

yes - accidentally :)

ninedriver
06-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Hey slippery
I would love to see some pics. Hopefully someone can chime in and relearn you on posting pics.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
How do you add photos to an album? I can put the rack photos there.

or PM me with your email address and I'll send them.