PDA

View Full Version : Mew mojo 2.5 with issue. Looking for opinions.

Crawlfab1
06-10-2014, 10:49 PM
New guy here but not new to direct/ v drives. I purchased the boat from a dealer today and it was sold to me as demo green and white brochure boat with 55.5 hours. Make it to the water tonight throw it in and vibrates plus wont plane. Then have water filling in the boat so I head back in and put It back on the trailer.

Figure its got a bent prop. Get it on the trailer and sure enough props been hit twice. So I do some more looking to see if the shafts bent and find rub marks around the hull like the shaft had failed or who knows what. Never seen anything like this before. Here are some pictures. What do you guys think the one marks are from? Or are they common? I assume not but I do not know what could have caused them other then a shaft failure. Can also see where the prop has hit the trailer in the one image.

Plan to be at the dealer in the am to try and resolve the issue but would like some opinions on the other damage.

Crawlfab1
06-10-2014, 11:04 PM
20116 Here she is out of the water.

brad460
06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
I am guessing you didn't take a test drive before buying?

Crawlfab1
06-10-2014, 11:33 PM
No. Was 5:30 by the time we got to going over the boat. They did offer to put it in the water as we hooked it to my vehicle to leave though.

tater
06-11-2014, 07:11 AM
They had to know the boat had this damage done to it prior to selling it to you,pretty shady on the dealers part,they would be fixing this for free of charge or the sale would be voided and I would get my money back.

patrick232
06-11-2014, 07:51 AM
They had to know the boat had this damage done to it prior to selling it to you,pretty shady on the dealers part,they would be fixing this for free of charge or the sale would be voided and I would get my money back.

Maybe the dealer and the salesman did not now. Who knows who had the boat out last. I have a little guy that works for me, his name is Not Me. He breaks stuff all the time and just puts it away. I would be an employee named Not Me used the boat and put back on the trailer for the next one to find the damage.
Congrats on your new Mojo, I know my dealer and SC would make it right and hope yours does the same.

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 08:21 AM
I hope all goes well this morning at the dealer but will see. They said they never had this boat in the water at the end of our dealings. Now that I think back I think they knew but then again how hard would it have been to fix the issue before selling the boat. If it's just the prop and shaft packing needing repaired that's a fairly easy fix on a 60k+ boat before it goes out to ensure there are no problems with a sale.

What do you guys think about the marks at the hull? Do you think the shaft failed on the boat or are they from something else? The bolts and hose clams look to have never been touched so I don't really know what else could have done it. Maybe they sucked up a rope?

maxpower220
06-11-2014, 08:31 AM
I would guess that a log or something got caught on the prop and then struck the hull causing all of the damage.

I'm not a dealer, but if that is THE brochure boat, I would not have water tested it either.

Dealer should fix it as long as you didn't put several hours on the boat.

jstenger
06-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Maybe a tow rope got wrapped up in there and sucked the handle thru.

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 08:49 AM
About all I can think of is a rope got up in there. As for the prop I am positive it hit the trailer at least once. I even looked at the prop when buying to ensure I was getting the upgrade but did not see the curl or the mark on the trailer when I was under there.

I was told as a selling point it is the boat from the videos and brochure. If that's good or bad I really don't know.

I purchased it with 55.5 hours and now it shows 55.7.

Ten85echo
06-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Just be ready for the dealer to say.."it wasn't like that when it left here". Try and show them the rust, and anything else that can prove it wasn't you. I would think most reputable dealers will just take care of it, let us know how it turns out.

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Just be ready for the dealer to say.."it wasn't like that when it left here". Try and show them the rust, and anything else that can prove it wasn't you. I would think most reputable dealers will just take care of it, let us know how it turns out.

That's the plan. Its pretty easy to tell the marks are not fresh. I am headed there way now so will see what they say shortly.

chawk610
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
I would be crazy mad!!! Keep us posted and good luck. It is a beauty of a boat though!

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Well left the dealer now. They put on a new oem oj prop and ordered a new 1235 acme to replace the damaged one. Checked runout on the shaft while I watched and was good there. Taking on water turned out to be a busted heater core. So that raised more issue to whether it was improperly winterized or even done at all. They assured it was winterized but the heater lines were not cleared resulting in the damage. They had a heater core in stock so it was replaced.

At that point we took it to the water and it performed with no issues.

For compensation I got them to throw in a 4.8 hyperlite board and new surf rope.

motosno963
06-11-2014, 01:21 PM
well thats good to hear, im glad they helped you and even threw in about about 800$ worth of extras

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Boat came with a 1235 on it so ended up with spare stock prop. Tried to get the damaged 1235 also but they would not go for it.

Worked out well and will get a week on the stock prop before the new acme goes on.

chawk610
06-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Great service... glad it worked out!!!

motosno963
06-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Looks like you will be able to get out the stock and see how everything feels between the two props

Crawlfab1
06-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Gonna take it to my local lake here at 5 and see how it does in the water.

Brayden
06-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Man that is fantastic service...sounds like a great dealer!

wolfeman131
06-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I know the guy that put the first 10 hrs, or so, on that boat if it's the one from the 2014 brochure.

Congrats on the boat.

tater
06-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out, and got some goodies kicked in,That is a very sharp boat,Congrats.

Crawlfab1
06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
I know the guy that put the first 10 hrs, or so, on that boat if it's the one from the 2014 brochure.

Congrats on the boat.+

Thanks. Where did the boat come from?

As for a update on going to the lake tonight. Put 2 hours on the boat and running driving the boat performed as expected. Do have a issue with no heat from the newly installed heater core and then have a random warning tone going off every so often but I am not familiar enough with the electronics yet to figure out what it is. Need to read more in the manual.

wolfeman131
06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
The boat came from the factory in TN.

I'm not sure the boat provides any warning tones. Your cruise may be on & it's letting you know you have reached the set speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSmith
06-12-2014, 08:02 AM
+

Thanks. Where did the boat come from?

As for a update on going to the lake tonight. Put 2 hours on the boat and running driving the boat performed as expected. Do have a issue with no heat from the newly installed heater core and then have a random warning tone going off every so often but I am not familiar enough with the electronics yet to figure out what it is. Need to read more in the manual.

Could be your depth gauge has as warning set

Crawlfab1
06-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Also on MSO says walk thru screen and extended mirror bracket, haven't found them. Anyone have pictures of both or either to see exactly what looking for

Crawlfab1
06-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Also on MSO says walk thru screen and extended mirror bracket, haven't found them. Anyone have pictures of both or either to see exactly what looking for

mcdye
06-12-2014, 10:47 AM
This is extend mirror bracket option upgrade for '13, probably the same for '14.