PDA

View Full Version : Sub under glove box in 14 mondo?

saskyrider
06-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Thoughts??? Can I just get a sub in a box and put it under the glove box area? There is lots of room in there!

Sent from my apple crushin android device

jstenger
06-07-2014, 11:14 PM
I thought about doing that too. Very easy to wire if you don't have an EQ on the driver's side. Short power wires and RCA cable.

saskyrider
06-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Ya I was going for simplicity. . Lol

saskyrider
06-07-2014, 11:28 PM
My daughter isnt a fan of the idea... she likes the "hidey hole" to hangout in...

marman
06-08-2014, 07:38 AM
I have seen it in that location in other boats from the factory. It would probably work fine if you don't mind losing the space.

David Analog
06-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Thoughts??? Can I just get a sub in a box and put it under the glove box area? There is lots of room in there!

It all depends on how critical you are when it comes to sound quality. It's certainly quick and easy....but bad for sound. The tactile bass will survive but the more articulate bass, attack, and transients will be filtered by concealing the sub inside a solid compartment and behind dense seat cushions. Creates more of a boat shaker and less of a musical bass maker. Not to mention that the subwoofer and amplifier will have to work several times harder to create the same output as a direct-radiating sub.

saskyrider
06-08-2014, 11:28 AM
It all depends on how critical you are when it comes to sound quality. It's certainly quick and easy....but bad for sound. The tactile bass will survive but the more articulate bass, attack, and transients will be filtered by concealing the sub inside a solid compartment and behind dense seat cushions. Creates more of a boat shaker and less of a musical bass maker. Not to mention that the subwoofer and amplifier will have to work several times harder to create the same output as a direct-radiating sub.

Thanks David, I was looking for a quick and simple fix... I figured it would impact sound quality. I might go ahead with this way for now as I have a spare sub/amp combo that will fit in there. But will plan on a proper upgrade later this year or next year

csm
06-08-2014, 04:11 PM
My '13 LSV came with a pre-fab box that was under the glove box. At cruising speeds, I honestly couldn't even tell I had a sub, and this is a nice Exile 12". I just moved it under the helm in a box I built, and it's a night and day difference. Like David said, you can kinda feel the sub when it's under the glove box, but you can't really hear it. Before I moved it, I tried to keep that area open as much as possible, which helped some, but that obviously takes up a seat.

C.Hern5972
06-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I have a 12 under the helm and one onder the console onmy mojo...COMPLETE waste IMO. id opt for the helm and push the heck out of it

Sampp1963
06-15-2014, 08:24 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?21106-Sub-installation

Check this post I did

Or this one...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?23711-Where-should-I-install-the-sub