PDA

View Full Version : Flame Arrestor Removal

dmcgilli
06-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Trying to remove the flame arrestor on a 2008 Outback (fuel injection) and cannot get it off. We have loosened the clamp at the base but will not lift off.

Feel like a jerk but do not want force anything and brake something. What am I missing???

Thanks...

Rakkasan
06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Trying to remove the flame arrestor on a 2008 Outback (fuel injection) and cannot get it off. We have loosened the clamp at the base but will not lift off.

Feel like a jerk but do not want force anything and brake something. What am I missing???

Thanks...

Mine was hard to get off as well on my 08LSV. It's a tight fit probably just stuck from all the metal heating and cooling in there. Just tap with a hammer and rock it back and forth you won't hurt anything.

mmandley
06-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Get a rubber mallet and tap it from the bottom, working your way around. Or use a folded towel and a wrench, the Red Neck way LOL

996scott
06-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Mine was a pain in the butt to get off. I seriously though I was going to break it. Keep at it back and forth, it will come.

ninedriver
06-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Same here. May want to spray some lube in the relief cuts and then a lot of wiggling and baby taps with a rubber mallet.