PDA

View Full Version : 06' Outback V flooring?

valleywine
06-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Does anybody know what's under the stock carpet in an 06' outback V? It looks like the center area from the helm to the back seats is actually a separate piece that screws into the boat floor. Wanting to know if I could remove this piece and replace with something more water friendly like sea deck or some type of coating. The front is not carpeted, just the fiberglass of the hull it looks like. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.........J.

bergermaister
06-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Try some searches on replacing carpet, or perhaps hit the Forum Archives (link down towards the bottom in the black, just left of center). There are many who have replaced the carpet, a few who have done seadeck or hydroturf, and lots of discussions.

Good luck!

moombadaze
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I had that section of flooring out in my 03 once. think that would be about the easiest to put seadek on

valleywine
06-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Moombadaze.......does the floor come right out like it looks? Unscrew the exposed screws and up and out? Do you need to remove the seat first?

beej77r
06-11-2014, 12:37 PM
valleywine, we have the same boat, I would guess that you would have to pull the drivers seat out to pull the floor out. I have considered replacing the carpet in mine next year, the guy i bought it from, let people smoke in the boat, and I have burn marks from that.. not alot, but I know its there... and It bugs me. let me know what you end up doing!

valleywine
10-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Ok so the floor comes up easy by removing the floor screws and 2 more on each side inside the seat bases which attach horizontally. I removed the floor by myself ater removing the seat. It's not heavy but be careful as the bottom is rough fiberglass and will puncture your seats if your not careful. I used a wood stripper to get all the left over glue fairly easy. Installed hydroturf and wrapped it around the edge. If you don't do this there will be a gap between the floor and the seat bases. Took me 4-5 hrs total and I'm happy with the install.

Jceclipse01
10-05-2014, 10:08 AM
lets see some pic

valleywine
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
lets see some pic

Pics in the winter mod thread......

bergermaister
10-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Ahhhh - snow camo. How are you liking it? Get dizzy at all after a while? LOL

I have a sample of that and a sample of the yellow-gray-black camo sittting on my workbench. Toying with using that in the vdrive lockers and maybe gunwale pads. Wasn't sure if it would be too much or not.

valleywine
10-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Ahhhh - snow camo. How are you liking it? Get dizzy at all after a while? LOL

I have a sample of that and a sample of the yellow-gray-black camo sittting on my workbench. Toying with using that in the vdrive lockers and maybe gunwale pads. Wasn't sure if it would be too much or not.

Haven't taken it out yet. Probably won't until next season. I'm assuming it will dull some over time but it's not overwhelming to look at. It gives things a little kick though. The kids think its awesome. Haha. I hear some of the colors fade pretty bad. Red, I think will fade. Might want to check into that before ordering.

Lynn Syndrom
10-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I like the idea of removing the carpet from the floor of the boat. I have a 2003 Outback and the carpet is looking worn out. I placed the snow-camo pad on my swim platform this spring and it is holing up well. Purchased it from Agenda Surf.com
Cleans up very well with Simple Green (1/2 strength) and a medium bristle scrub brush.

valleywine
10-07-2014, 01:07 PM
I like the idea of removing the carpet from the floor of the boat. I have a 2003 Outback and the carpet is looking worn out. I placed the snow-camo pad on my swim platform this spring and it is holing up well. Purchased it from Agenda Surf.com
Cleans up very well with Simple Green (1/2 strength) and a medium bristle scrub brush.

Good to know. Did you get the soft or firm material? I got the soft one as it has a little more texture. Don't know if I made the right choice yet.

ajbrooks1
04-01-2020, 12:28 AM
Haven't taken it out yet. Probably won't until next season. I'm assuming it will dull some over time but it's not overwhelming to look at. It gives things a little kick though. The kids think its awesome. Haha. I hear some of the colors fade pretty bad. Red, I think will fade. Might want to check into that before ordering.

What did it cost you? And how much did glyph get.
I have same boat.