PDA

View Full Version : possible upgrade question

Ironcross25
06-06-2014, 03:52 PM
so currently have an 05 outback. expecting our 2nd child this fall and the ole outback will be tight with all the kiddy stuff. We really want a vdrive. want to stay in the moomba line. depending on what I can get for mine would like to stay under 30. really under 25 if at all possible. My boat is horrible in rough water, are the v drives models any better? or is it what it is? What do you think my boat is worth, 05 outback, perfect pass, tower speakers, fly high fat seat bottom ( I keep it under back seat) surf rack, tad over 400 hrs. dual batt with perko switch, good shape. may have a better prop and more ballast depending on when I sell it.

mmandley
06-06-2014, 06:09 PM
If you went with an LSV you will gain more storage, Being a V drive you gain a ton when not running ballast in the rear.

Rough water? How Rough of water?

LSV is better at rough water in the fact its heavier, and with a V drive you can pitch the nose up pretty high to get through waves but in the end only the Mondo, and Mojo are really set up for rough water with there big wide high noses.