PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Not working

stang67
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I got my boat back out on the water a week ago. Now seems that my stereo doesnt work (hasnt worked since i got it on the water) After turning the ACC switch on normally the stereo will turn on. I tried the power buttons, connections and still nothing. Anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance

Eric

pjtatro
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Most likely a loose power or ground wire under the dash. These things can vibrate loose. I would get a meter and start tracing......

Pete

Nboard10
04-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Pete is right,

the same thing happened to me when I had a new CD player installed. The power wire was loose/bad connection. I cut and reconnected the wire.... problem solved.

Brian Raymond
04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Verify that the light on the switch is coming on, if it is, than you should have power going to the stereo. There is a 10 amp mini fuse on the backside of the stereo, remove and inspect, and replace if blown. If there is no light present at the switch, check the power source and breaker. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

stang67
04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah im getting power to the stereo because the light comes on at the switch. Thanks brian. I will not be able to check the stereo until sunday. Thanks for the input others as well. Dang college is limiting my use of the water. Oh well guess and education is worth something.

Brian Raymond
04-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Stang, what year and model do you have? Brian Raymond

stang67
04-04-2006, 11:24 PM
2003 Outback LS

stang67
04-15-2006, 11:59 PM
just to give an update. Got the stereo working. I went in to check the fuse on the back of the radio, too it out to look at it, it was fine. But to get to the fuse i had to pull the wire harness off the headunit. Plugged them both back in, just for the heck of it tried the stereo and it worked! Could have just been the connections were not tight or what not. But i have sound, so thats cool.