PDA

View Full Version : Changing new batteries on LSV 2009

Mat Fortin
06-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi,

I bought two new batteries at the dealer for my LSV 2009. When connecting the + cable to the battery, there are small sparks and I can hear a hissing sound in my tower speaker. That's even if everything is off... I'm concerned this could empty my battery in the long run.

How can I safely connect my new batteries?

Thank you,

Mat

David Analog
06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi,

I bought two new batteries at the dealer for my LSV 2009. When connecting the + cable to the battery, there are small sparks and I can hear a hissing sound in my tower speaker. That's even if everything is off... I'm concerned this could empty my battery in the long run.

How can I safely connect my new batteries?

Thank you,

Mat

Connect the ground first and have Perko or other battery switch Off initially. Otherwise sparks are the norm when attaching the cables. All electronics should be Off during this process. When some electronics and particularly audio electronics power up the empty storage capacitors are instantly filled creating an excess and unnecessary flow and thus sparks at the supply.
Speakers cannot hiss if the electronics are Off.
If speakers are hissing that means the audio system is On as you are attaching the terminals. That's not right. Focus on that first, double check you polarity and wear goggles.

jimmylsv
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Near the batteries their should be a little box about 2 in x 2 in it has a read button when you push the button it flips a piece down so no power to accessories. You flip the bar back and power to accessories, starter etc. It is like a battery pole switch. I hope that's not too confusing.