PDA

View Full Version : Free Wireless Wake/Speed Control

tantrumwireless
05-31-2014, 08:58 PM
Tantrum Tow Ropes would like to give a Moomba Forum member a free wireless speed control. This is a great product that isn't getting the hype we feel it deserves. Here are the rules:

- Respond why you should be the one to get he free wireless control.
- Must have a Moomba Boat
- Must provide a review of the product, good or bad is up to you
- Must have a post history so we know the review is real
- More than 30 replies and we will give a free Tantrum Tow Ropes Waksurf Rope

Winner will need to tell whether they have a Moomba EZ cruise of Digital Pro Cruise. Retail Value is $249

Winner will be chosen by Tantrum Tow Ropes based on the replies.

Moderators: If this is not allowed on this forum please delete post!

slipperyrockTKE300
06-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Are those of us with Perfect Pass eligible to enter this?

I have a past history.....oH you said POST history :)

tantrumwireless
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Just doing the EZ cruise or digital pro for this one. Won't ask about your prior history :)

Tkosleded
06-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Iam up for one I have a 04 outback and I don't have any cool gadgets on it iam also new to the boating this is my first boat was out the other day and ya play ing with the throttle sucks so I was thinking about installing perfect pass your system sounds easy

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortechttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/5equsase.jpg

chadjitsu1
06-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Too bad this isn't for the Perfect Pass I would be all over it. I would love to have something like this. Do you make it for Perfect Pass too? Its next to impossible to get my wife and drives who are not familiar with driving wakeboard boats to understand how to bump up or down the speed on the PP system while I'm behind the boat. Sometimes while your back there you can see exactly where the wake cleans up and you know 1 more MPH would fix the issue but you obviously cant yell over the engine and sound system so you have to drop and then try to explain how to bump it up on the screen.

This would also be extremely helpful when surfing, depending on the size of the crew its always a crap shoot trying to get the wake just right. I can see a huge advantage with this type of system.

I also have one of the go-pro remotes that turns the camera on and off and that saves a lot of messing around time too.

tantrumwireless
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
We do offer for all Perfect Pass models just not for this deal. It is sweet for surfing!

Tkosleded
06-01-2014, 11:32 AM
If I don't win one whet to buy iam in Alberta Canada

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

tantrumwireless
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
They are listed on the home page of www.tantrumtowropes.com
Will still do the free shipping sale to Canada.

Boonejeepin
06-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I have one already and it works very well!

trayson
06-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Too bad this isn't for the Perfect Pass I would be all over it. I would love to have something like this. Do you make it for Perfect Pass too? Its next to impossible to get my wife and drives who are not familiar with driving wakeboard boats to understand how to bump up or down the speed on the PP system while I'm behind the boat. Sometimes while your back there you can see exactly where the wake cleans up and you know 1 more MPH would fix the issue but you obviously cant yell over the engine and sound system so you have to drop and then try to explain how to bump it up on the screen.

This would also be extremely helpful when surfing, depending on the size of the crew its always a crap shoot trying to get the wake just right. I can see a huge advantage with this type of system.

I also have one of the go-pro remotes that turns the camera on and off and that saves a lot of messing around time too.

I have one that I bought over the winter and I have to get around to installing it. it's for perfect pass. I'm of course planning on a full write up and review once it's in the boat...

mmandley
06-02-2014, 11:52 AM
I would love to try out this product. We are huge wake surfers, normally are crew is 5-8 deep with everyone wake surfing. It seems we are constantly adjusting speed up or down .2-.6 mph and to have a remote the rider can just click up or down would solve a lot of frustration between riders and drivers.

I have several reviews on this forum, one on the Supra SA and one Moomba Mojo.

I'd be happy to give a review on this site, Wake World, and post up on FaceBook.

We have a 13 Moomba Mojo with Flow and Moomba EZ Cruise.

trayson
06-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I would love to try out this product. We are huge wake surfers, normally are crew is 5-8 deep with everyone wake surfing. It seems we are constantly adjusting speed up or down .2-.6 mph and to have a remote the rider can just click up or down would solve a lot of frustration between riders and drivers.

I have several reviews on this forum, one on the Supra SA and one Moomba Mojo.

I'd be happy to give a review on this site, Wake World, and post up on FaceBook.

We have a 13 Moomba Mojo with Flow and Moomba EZ Cruise.

If you had Perfect Pass, I'd let you try mine since you're local. Good luck on winning the contest.

tantrumwireless
06-02-2014, 12:39 PM
You are currently in the lead for the contest :)
Tkosledded has a sweet boat but does not currently have a cruise system (EZ Cruise or Digital Pro) to hook the wireless control up to.
We really appreciate the opportunity to post on here! Will let this go to Wednesday at 5pm for someone to try and beat out mmandley

Mrd8ker
06-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I vote for Mike. He is very thorough (check his posts) and spends ample time on the water tweaking things.

sivs1
06-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Looks like a great product, would love to integrate into my 2006 Moomba LSV. I have PP, from what I am reading here this giveaway is for those without PP, what's the difference and will you be doing one for boats with PP?

zabooda
06-02-2014, 12:57 PM
GO MIKE GO. I know he is sweating this out.

trayson
06-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Looks like a great product, would love to integrate into my 2006 Moomba LSV. I have PP, from what I am reading here this giveaway is for those without PP, what's the difference and will you be doing one for boats with PP?

I bought one of his units over the winter for my Perfect Pass. I think that Tantrum is trying to break into the market for Moomba Cruise, while they already have some exposure for PP. That said, I got a ridiculous deal on his product via Ebay (definitely use the "best offer" feature). Tantrum was easily the most accessible person for questions. I submitted questions to him and had an email response from him personally within an HOUR!!!

Also, they make a kick ass wake surf rope that is now our favorite surf rope.

tantrumwireless
06-02-2014, 01:10 PM

We do have a Perfect Pass Model available. The PP one sells pretty well and we are doing this giveaway to get the work on the ones for Moomba.

mikenehrkorn
06-02-2014, 01:21 PM
If you would give me an opportunity to use your product it would be a HUGE help!! My kids (and all their friends) are constantly asking for speed adjustments -- even from one ride to the next. And from a personal standpoint, I'm still learning the "art" of surfing and as such like to play with the different speeds. I find myself not experimenting as much as I would with a product like yours as my wife finds the constant adjustments somewhat annoying. :)

I'm somewhat handy with tools but not so much with electrical items, so I could certainly attest to the ease of installation (or not as the case may be), instructions, etc.

As far as the review goes, I would be more than happy to post the write-up on this forum or wherever you like.

We have a 2013 Moomba Outback V with the Digital Cruise Pro.

Thanks for considering me.

kaneboats
06-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, if I could win I'd give it to Mike because I have PP. Love to see the thing in action.

trayson
06-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Well, if I could win I'd give it to Mike because I have PP. Love to see the thing in action.

Maybe I'll get off my lazy butt and get mine installed before you come visit in a few days... I even got an extra remote with mine. Pretty cool, huh?

patrick232
06-03-2014, 08:05 AM
I would say Mike would be your winner. I will look into the devise, but can't review for a while till my hyper extended elbow heals.

tantrumwireless
06-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I would say Mike would be your winner. I will look into the devise, but can't review for a while till my hyper extended elbow heals.

I think there are two Mikes that submitted for this. Which screen name is everyone picking?

kaneboats
06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Mmandley. You will get a thorough review and he's deserving anyway.

mikenehrkorn
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM
I would agree that mmandley is much more deserving -- he works tirelessly with his boat and the Moomba brand.........but maybe you might want a couple of different opinions? One from a well know expert with the Moomba brand (mmandley) and one from a average Joe (me) with limited electrical skills??? :)

Is my sales pitch working??? :D

tantrumwireless
06-03-2014, 10:04 AM
We are going to mmandley and his 2013 Moomba Mojo with EZ Cruise. Mmandley: Please PM me with your address and this will get mailed out ASAP. Remember: This isn't a free control as a bribe, if you don't like it say it sucks! Give a good honest review.
mikenehrkorn: I like your style and sales pitch! If you want to send me a PM we can do a discounted Digital Pro Model for you and would love your review also.

Thank you everyone for your participation!
Any questions please visit www.tantrumtowropes.com or email at [email protected]

zabooda
06-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Remember: This isn't a free control as a bribe, if you don't like it say it sucks! Give a good honest review.

Too funny. I love Mike's honest opinions as he doesn't hold back.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-03-2014, 11:25 AM
yeah Mike!!

He is a good dude and will give an honest review.

kaneboats
06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear you came to the right decision. Also glad to hear you are going to take care of regular (non-superstar) Mike too.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-03-2014, 11:31 AM
What??? You mean Mike isn't an Exile superstar?? I always thought he was :)

mmandley
06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks, thanks everyone for the greats words, we are excited to get and try this product.

I will get it installed as soon as it arrives and get the boat out for adobe reviews. I'll make sure each rider tries it and gives feedback.

I assume this works at wake board distance as well, we will get that in the testing as well.

Thanks again

mikenehrkorn
06-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I assume this works at wake board distance as well

Does it work at that distance as well? If so, that makes the product even more appealing to me......

Thanks for the discount offer, I sent you a PM.

mikenehrkorn
06-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Also glad to hear you are going to take care of regular (non-superstar) Mike too.

Thanks for the support...........I think?? :confused: :)

kaneboats
06-03-2014, 02:53 PM
LOL. Just being a wise-arse. We'll push you to the top for the next thing. Maybe it'll be a wake kite or something.

mikenehrkorn
06-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I know, I was just giving you some crap. Great, push me to the top for something that could kill me like a wake kite!!! Now I'm really feeling the love.... LOL :) :)

tantrumwireless
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Does it work at that distance as well? If so, that makes the product even more appealing to me......

Thanks for the discount offer, I sent you a PM.

Yes it does work for wakeboarding. Has a range of 250' and all of them have unique frequencies so could never interfere with another controller ( In case both Mikes wind up on the same lake :| ).

kaneboats
06-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd love to see the jet boat where you need the 250' rope. :cool:

mikenehrkorn
06-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Cool......so my wife could even use it from shore when my son is going faster than she feels comfortable with..... LOL :)

Question: It's hard to tell from the pics I see online, but there is a way to zip-tie it (or fasten it some other way) to the rope, correct? Actually, I don't know about Mike, but I would want some way to attach it such that I could switch between the surf and wakeboarding ropes easily.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Wakekite? Did I hear Wakekite???

Anybody need one? :)

tantrumwireless
06-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Question: It's hard to tell from the pics I see online, but there is a way to zip-tie it (or fasten it some other way) to the rope, correct? Actually, I don't know about Mike, but I would want some way to attach it such that I could switch between the surf and wakeboarding ropes easily.[/QUOTE]

The surf package the control is zip tied to the surf rope. The wakeboard package comes with an arm band. Here are a couple pictures. The arm band is also nice for surfing when you throw the rope. I helps you catch back up if you are falling out of the pocket or change speed to adjust the wake. Mike will have both for is review 2007320074

parrothd
06-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Who surfs with a rope?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

trayson
06-04-2014, 01:13 AM
This thread gave me the motivation to install my Tantrum Wireless Perfect Pass Remote control tonight.

Holy easy install batman!!!!!!!!!!! First off, I didn't even need to look at the instructions. There was a black wire and a red wire coming off the control box, and then a male and a female harness to put the control box in-between the PP display and the PP ECU.

It took me longer to fish out my PP ECU from my wire mess that it fell into than it did to actually connect all the wires. I did grab the destructions (instructions) for programming the remotes (I got two remotes with my kit so I could have more flexibility). The programming took about 10 seconds, literally. Hold down "program" button until it turns red. Press button on each of the remotes, DONE. I wish programming my garage door was as easy.

The fuctionality is perfectly straight forward. There is an up arrow and a down arrow on the remote. It literally mirrors the Up and down arrow on my perfect pass. Couldn't be simpler.

I didn't get the arm band for some reason when mine was shipped, but I snagged one off Ebay for a couple bucks.

I'll write up a whole thread after I water test it sometime this week. But it's basically like having go-go-gadget arms to push the up/down arrows on the PP yourself while riding out on the water.