PDA

View Full Version : Babes cleaning

snyderaaron
05-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Where is the best place online to buy babes supplies at? Everywhere I look, shipping is outrageous. Any good places you guys visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motosno963
05-31-2014, 05:51 PM
you check out bakesonline.com ?

millerda68
05-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Amazon. If you are a prime member 2 day shipping is free. Just got the cleaner/wax spray. 1 gallon $38. Much better than the spray bottle for $15 a pop.

snyderaaron
05-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Looked at bakes, have to spend 99, not a prime member but 38 for the wax seems pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
I bought mine from Iboats , shipping is reasonable and the price is discounted as well.

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Accessories/dm/keywords.Babes

sivs1
05-31-2014, 08:28 PM
I get mine from Marine Products. http://www.marine-products.com/babes-boat-brite-gallon-bb7001.html I am local so can just pick it up, not sure what shipping would be.

sandm
06-01-2014, 06:09 AM
check your local boat shops. most can order it in. much more economical by the gallon.

I just picked up a 16oz spray of seat saver cost me $15, but she threw in the gallon she ordered by mistake for $34.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Does babes make a product that will get rid of mold?

I've got some on the rear of the sundeck, that I can't get rid of.

The boat is stored outdoors and where the factory cover lays on the upholstery (above blower vents) is really nasty.

jmvotto
06-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Does babes make a product that will get rid of mold?

I've got some on the rear of the sundeck, that I can't get rid of.

The boat is stored outdoors and where the factory cover lays on the upholstery (above blower vents) is really nasty.

Ed, here is a good article, I would use simple green myself, but here are others
http://cleaning.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Clean_Mold_Off_Marine_Vinyl

slipperyrockTKE300
06-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks Joe!

I've tried a bunch of stuff including Spray Nine, RV & boat mildew remover and whatever somebody recommended.

the mildew might be a permanent rider on my boat.

I'll tell ya - if the boat has to be kept outside...Florida is tough on a boat.

sandm
06-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I saw several mold-specific products in the boating aisle at fleet farm the other day. lots of stuff out there, but I'm with jm in that simple green is typically the first go-to for issues...

wonder if you could put a towel down between them to keep them from touching. would mold then form on the towel vs boat?
I know there are small 12v fans that some keep on the floor when stored if you have access to a battery charger to keep the batteries fresh while sitting.

zabooda
06-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I've made a pvc pipe frame for my previous boat that kept the cover off the boat. The pipe bends real well.

slipperyrockTKE300
06-01-2014, 02:10 PM
PVC frame - I did the same thing with the Outback. worked real well.

Not so much with the OBV. That sundeck is a lot bigger - more surface area.

motosno963
06-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I have used the 3M mildew remover and it worked well..now after reading and it saying that to use a brush to work it in I'll try it again. Also I have the give props to joe, babes works well and I love the smell..just wish they would give our dealer a break so I could buy from them..I'll also have to try a pvc frame for the cover..I use the 3/4 inch lbs for gopro mounts and I might try to make a flag pole since I have extra haha