PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this GPS add on?

Boonejeepin
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
http://www.nauticlogic.com

NL4 under products.

I have not heard of this product before. Anyone have any experience with it?

zabooda
05-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Gps is the way to go on lakes but anything with a current will make your speedometer read different.

motosno963
05-30-2014, 02:02 AM
229$ for the 2004-2011 moombas...
http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sc%20packages.html

mmandley
05-30-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.nauticlogic.com

NL4 under products.

I have not heard of this product before. Anyone have any experience with it?

MAN I'm sooo tempted to order that, I am tired of the .5 surging I get when surfing, plus the inconsistency we get when surfing goofy.

My big issue is my Water Temp wont work with this...I frankly don't need the water temp but when we launch the first thing people are asking is WHATS THE WATER TEMP???? I say wheres the Captains Beer Dammit LOL

hgvandy
05-30-2014, 06:20 PM
I installed mine a year ago and really like it. I have never had a problem getting a signal and frankly don't even think about it. The install took about 15 minutes. They will have the correct connector on it when you give them the information. It is truly plug and play.

mmandley
05-30-2014, 07:57 PM
I installed mine a year ago and really like it. I have never had a problem getting a signal and frankly don't even think about it. The install took about 15 minutes. They will have the correct connector on it when you give them the information. It is truly plug and play.

So you'r display and stuff works the same?
But you have no Temp reading right?

Woody929
05-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Don't they top out at the 2011 year model?

mmandley
05-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Don't they top out at the 2011 year model?

Dammit....

Woody929
05-30-2014, 08:28 PM
I might be wrong, but I thought that was what I saw. Not sure what's changed since then. I think I also saw something that said to contact them of your boat isn't listed.

hgvandy
05-30-2014, 10:44 PM
I have not tried the temp reading, but the display is exactly the same and you can still make all the same adjustments. You just unplug the paddle wheel near the vdrive and plug in the GPS unit.

kaneboats
05-31-2014, 01:08 AM
I frankly don't need the water temp but when we launch the first thing people are asking is WHATS THE WATER TEMP???? I say wheres the Captains Beer Dammit LOL

You're killin' me man. I never tell anyone what the water temp is unless I'm telling' a fairy tale anyway. LOL. And, that captain's beer has to be in place or the boat won't start.

moombahighrider
05-31-2014, 07:40 AM
My big issue is my Water Temp wont work with this...I frankly don't need the water temp but when we launch the first thing people are asking is WHATS THE WATER TEMP???? I say wheres the Captains Beer Dammit LOL

In the info I was reading on the product, they state they have a second connector that is there to plug the paddle wheel back in, so that you retain the water temp, etc functionality. I can't speak to the availability on boats after 2011, but they seem to have it all figured out. A phone call might be in order.

Definitely liking the idea of this upgrade....

mmandley
05-31-2014, 11:22 AM
You're killin' me man. I never tell anyone what the water temp is unless I'm telling' a fairy tale anyway. LOL. And, that captain's beer has to be in place or the boat won't start.

You will see...lol no one trusts me about water temp because I jump in right away and day how refreshing it is lol.

Normally my main guy Steve has my beer ready. He normally drives the boat... at launch while I park the truck.

Atlanta1213
06-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Just bought one of these and was wondering where you installed the GPS receiver and the NL4 itself?

hgvandy
06-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Follow the instructions provided. On my 2006 Mobius, I just pulled up the floor to run the cable from the paddle wheel to the dash. I put the GPS receiver just above my dash under the windshield on the driver's side. I hope this makes sense. I will take pics of my set up this weekend, if you need.

nitrodude24
06-23-2014, 10:14 PM
I installed this last Friday night ran wires up the steering cable across the gas tank on my 2014 Lsv installed the box under the dash on the unfinished the fiberglass with short screws. Placed the gps receiver on the edge of dash trim under the windshield. The water temp still worked and the boat doesnt surge like the paddle wheel makes it. My bimini doesnt interfere either. For what the system costs I cannot understand why SC doesnt include this with digital pro cruise $60000 boat $200 gps speed control?