PDA

View Full Version : Low voltage issue and possible fix.

chuckd
05-29-2014, 09:21 AM
I have a 2006 Outback V and had an ongoing electrical issue for the past year. Radio would cut out at low volume, Perfect Pass would constantly reboot, ballast pumps would blow fuses, etc... After going thru the typical troubleshooting, ended up finding the issue was the safety kill switch. I was never getting above 11.5v at the dash, but once I bypassed the switch, the voltage jumped up to ~13v and everything works great... ordered a new switch so I didn't run with the bypass and the problem is fixed.

Posting this thread because at least one other Moomba has had the same issue. ..hopes this will help someone if they're having similar issues..

mmandley
05-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Nice TSS post, I know this will help others, Thanks for taking the time to post your findings.

sivs1
05-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Would this only apply to the Outback V or would this potentially be an issue in all 2006 era models?

kaneboats
05-29-2014, 12:37 PM
I'd bet they all use the same switch-- multiple years too.

JesseC
08-26-2014, 04:20 PM
ChuckD, thank you for posting the thread and glad I was able to help you out. When this happened to me, I replaced almost all of my electrical until I go to that cutoff switch, mine was aftermarket. When I got your PM with the issue you were having, I was glad I had the answer, but I should have posted a thread back then, thanks for taking the time to put that on here!!!!

trayson
08-26-2014, 05:24 PM
kill switches and lanyards...

my 1992 doesn't have any of that stuff. Do you all feel safer with them?

mikenehrkorn
08-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Not me, never used one in my life on a boat. Now on a jet ski, that makes complete sense...

JesseC
08-26-2014, 05:34 PM
kill switches and lanyards...

my 1992 doesn't have any of that stuff. Do you all feel safer with them?

In some states such as mine (Alabama), they are required on most boats. I got pulled over and inspected and was told I had to install one. The boat did not have one originally.