PDA

View Full Version : Boat cleaner

Klos
05-28-2014, 06:05 AM
Whats everyone using to clean your boats inside and out? My boats hull is stain and I was wondering what is out there that would clean this off? I just bought the boat in march and it was stained when I bought it.

uniwarking
05-28-2014, 07:28 AM
I use Performance Boat Candy products, good stuff.

BGeorge01
05-28-2014, 08:20 AM
2nd boat candy, http://performanceboatcandy.com

If it's a bad stain though you might have to do some wet sanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivs1
05-28-2014, 08:21 AM
a good cleaner that works to get the hull clean and is cheap is scrubbing bubbles, spray on, use brush to scrub, hose off. Another option is to use soft scrub. Both will get the hull clean, but both will take wax off so you'll have to wax it afterwards. For everyday cleaning I use Babe's Boat Bright, Seat Soap, and Spot Solver.

parrothd
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Just use starbright hull cleaner it's an acid wash or try the scrubbing bubbles..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

chadjitsu1
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Just use starbright hull cleaner it's an acid wash or try the scrubbing bubbles..

I second that if the hull is really nasty. I kept an older boat of mine in the water for 4 months without pulling it out and it had all kinds of stuff growing on it. I used that acid wash and it was snow white again. I will say though that you might want to bring the boat to a car wash or something because that stuff is really harsh and I wouldnt want it on my personal driveway. It will turn green and foam up, also has a really harsh acid smell so make sure ventilation is really good

parrothd
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
For $200 my marina takes the boat off the trailer and acid washes it. Best money spent.. :)

Klos
05-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys I will look into some of that stuff

bergermaister
05-28-2014, 02:35 PM
I will say though that you might want to bring the boat to a car wash or something because that stuff is really harsh and I wouldnt want it on my personal driveway. It will turn green and foam up, also has a really harsh acid smell so make sure ventilation is really good

Hmmm- good way to clean the driveway too? :rolleyes:

I have a bottle of Starbright sitting on the workbench waiting for a chance to get used.

motosno963
05-28-2014, 08:30 PM
i just picked up babes seat and odor eliminator..love them so far..wish the shop had more of it

sivs1
05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
I order Babes by the gallon. I use boat bright after everytime on the water.

ian ashton
05-28-2014, 10:03 PM
I've used Babes, Performance Boat Candy, and Boat Bling - Boat Bling Hot Sauce is by far the best cleaner you can buy. PBC is a close second, but seems to attract more dust, and Babes is just Ok. I have a black hull and deck, so keeping the waterspots off is a full time job. Do it right and go with Hot Sauce!

jmvotto
05-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I use babes, and it has always worked well for me.