PDA

View Full Version : Oily water in center locker

J-ROD
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I have a 2005 LSV and I always get oily water in the center locker. I have to refill the vdrive every other time I take the boat out. I'm pretty sure the oil coming into the locker is from the vdrive. My problem is I have no idea where the vdrive is leaking. Does anybody out there have some ideas where the leak could be coming from and then how to repair it? Thanks in advance!

mcdye
05-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Chances are it is from the pan that is on the bottom. You should be to google a parts diagram.

Ian Brantford
05-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Please post results of found information and/or repairs done. I have a very slow leak in my V-drive (1-2 litres per season) that I have so far addressed with highly effective oil sponges. I'd love to know if there is a cost-effective repair for any known pattern failure. I got a cost estimate last year and let's just say that they "bid high".

J-ROD
07-29-2014, 04:50 PM
There are 4 9/16 bolts on the bottom of the v-drive. They were all slightly loose. Is all I did was tighten each one and I haven't had to refill the oil. I think it's good!!!

kaneboats
07-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Excellent! Thanks for sharing your fix. Hope it helps someone.

Ian Brantford
08-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Ah-ha! Thanks for coming back to post the fix. I'll take a look the next time that I'm at my boat.