PDA

View Full Version : good or bad deal on a lsv??

togan9
05-26-2014, 09:11 PM
i purchased a 2008 lsv with 750hrs on it, seats have some mold and mildew and some minor tears, should last me at least one or two more seasons before needing to be replaced, has lots of the options and runs great. i paid $20,000 for it. also the center ballast would not fill but i coulf hear the pump if i pushed the empty button.

saskyrider
05-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Id say thats a good deal.... you could put a few grand into it woithout worring at all....

Sent from my apple crushin android device

moombahighrider
05-27-2014, 01:15 AM
the center ballast would not fill but i coulf hear the pump if i pushed the empty button.

Remember that there are separate pumps for fill and empty. Each bag has a dedicated drain pump- this drain pump is what you are hearing. On the fill side (if you have the factory gravity III system), there is one main pump that feeds three valves- one valve per bag. Whenever you choose to fill one of the bags, the pump kicks on as well as the appropriate valve for that bag. Those valves are notorious for having issues.

gregski
05-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Probably a good deal. A similar boat with fewer hours and good interior might have been over $35k. That motor will still have lots of life in it and restoring the upholstery won't take too big of a bite from the $15k savings. No need for buyer's remorse. Clean it up and enjoy!