PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Please - 2011 Moomba Mobius LSV v. 2007 Mastercraft X-30

tcburnham
05-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi all. I'm in Boulder, Colorado, new to boating last year and bought a 2006 Reinell to get into it and have my family enjoy some experiences. Family of 6 with two young daughters and two older sons. After 1st weekend on lake I wished I had a better boat:)

I'm seeing 2007 MC X-30s for around 50K and 120 hours. 2011 Mobius going for same pricing with slighter higher hours.

Moombas...they look beautiful and appear to have value and I'm just lost as I feel like I'm comparing apples to oranges and don't know what I can get for value and a cash budget of 40K - 50K. And what is a good, fast, fun Moomba boat for a family of novice wake boarders/skiiers and tubing?

Happy Memorial Day. Thank you for your time.

Todd

rca
05-25-2014, 03:55 PM
We bought a 2011 LSV new back in 2012. We came from an 18 foot Crownline that we also picked up just to make sure we would enjoy it. I can't comment too much on a 2007 X30, but I know they are nice boats. The 2011 LSV is a great boat. We love it.

We started out skiing on it, got into wake boarding and now mainly surf. That is the nice thing about a later model boat like the 2011, I think they have better ballast systems. The later model boats make it easy to add more ballast and generally have better pump setups. So, if you want to try surfing you can, then you can easily upgrade to more ballast when you get surfing addicted. We don't even bring the skis any more, we almost surf exclusively.

So, owning a 2011 LSV, that is my vote.

996scott
05-25-2014, 08:28 PM
You will probably get a little bias reply here as you would asking the same question on the Master Craft site. I have a couple of friends with X-30s and they are nice boats for sure. I wouldn't pass one up for the right price for sure. That being said I think you can get great Moomba for a lot less $. I think the best thing to do is not be in a hurry and take your time looking around at both boats for a few months. Go to a couple of dealers and look at their used boats, find some for sale locally and go look at them in person. You will start to get a good feel for comparing boats and the value. You can pick up a really nice used LSV or XLV for mid $30K like a 2007 or 2008. You can't go wrong with either one, but my advise is take your time and look around first. Good luck.

motosno963
05-25-2014, 09:10 PM
a good dealer will also take you out on a ride if you like too

yearround
05-26-2014, 01:07 AM
I can take you out on a 2008 LSV. I have rode the 07 x30 a few times. Prefer my LSV. Maybe just familiarity. I would go with the newer Moomba.

Welly72
05-26-2014, 09:43 AM
After being in the same situation as you once before I feel that moomba is the best bang for the buck. they are simple boats when you compare them to Nautique or mastercraft but they have everything you need and some.

samvq1
05-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I would echo what 996Scott said. Don't be in a hurry. It's better to wait than purchase something that doesn't suit your needs. Learn all of the lessons the Reinell will teach you and figure out how you are going to use the boat. Once you know how you are going to use it go find one that meets your needs. In the pre owned market, brand isn't nearly as important as condition. Don't forget about the kids friends. They will eventually want to bring them along so you need to make sure you have enough room. Two FootItus is a very expensive disease.