PDA

View Full Version : Infamous oil pressure safety switch

Welly72
05-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Well I was out on the water friday with a bunch of coworkers and was having a great day untill 330 when at full bore the boat just cut out. after getting a tow and putting 5gal. of gas in it to eliminate the possibility that we burned through 24gal of gas in 5 hrs. ;) I called it quits and put the boat on the trailer and called it a day. I was determined to not let the boat not getting gas to the card not ruin my weekend and jumped on the forum to search for like issues. Thanks to all the awesome service posts on here after an hour I determined it was that stupid Dummy switch after I jumped all the wires together and my fuel pump kicked on. If this happens to anyone and you don't have a dealer near you with the conversion kit go to orileys and get the P/N S371 and you'll be back on the water. Thank you moomba forum members you saved Memorial ay weekend. And thank you all the soldiers that have fought and died to give me my freedom.

Aaron

saskyrider
05-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Glad to hear that you got it sorted out... i've been there, changed spark plugs, distro cap, fuel filters, and then someone else pointed it out to me... it sucks and my trouble was for the first while it was intermittent which was even worse. When it started really giving trouble i was beyond baffled.... and then jumped one wire and bam... it was good again. I made sure to tell the guy i sold my boat to so he didn't go through the same thing down the road.

98Roo
05-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Yep. Happened to me on my 98. Original owner had it jumped when i bought it so I replaced the sensor with a new one from SKIDIM and did the wiring mod (changed from 3 wire to 2 wire sensor)
2 weekends on new sensor and it died

Replaced with new one from SKIDIM under warranty and it's still working.

I made a jumper with spade connectors I keep in the boat just in case. Apparently they don't last long.