PDA

View Full Version : Production Time

KarMobLSV06
04-01-2006, 11:30 PM
My dealer e-mailed to update that my boat went into production on 3/30/06.

Does anyone know how long the production time is and when I should expect to be able to take delivery?

Got the 06 Mobius LSV and had a weekend planned for 5/12-5/1/06 based on time table from when I ordered boat that I'd take delivery at end of April. So I thought the 5/12/06 would give some lag time should the factory be behind what they originally told me.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

04-02-2006, 03:27 PM
I ordered mine in late Feb. They said I will not be able to pick up till 1st week of june. But then I gotta break it in before we go to lake shasta for 4th of july.

Jon
04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Production time varies depending on the model. For the LSV, I'd say its around 7 days. From there, its just scheduling delivery. We usually get our boats within a week from when the boat is finished from production. It might depend on if the dealer has any other boats for production. The factory tries to schedule the dealer's boats together for shipping reasons. If the dealer is waiting for another boat to come out of production, it might be up to 2 weeks after your boat is finished from production.

I think you should have the boat by May 1st no problem. If you don't, something is going on.

KarMobLSV06
04-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks Jon!! That takes a load off my mind.

I had been second guessing myself scheduling the weekend at the lake 5/12 so close to the anticipated delivery date-end of April. But like every other issue I've had, my dealer seems to be on top of things. I haven't heard back fom him, but it has just been since Friday, he is probably busy selling boats-I hope. 7 days production time-wow!

I can't pick it up until after April 15 and my dealer knows it so it sounds like he timed it perfectly.

Thanks again.

KarMobLSV06
04-19-2006, 01:07 AM
It's here!!!!!! Dealer called me on 4/14/06 and said he got it in the day berore. You were right on the money woth the 2 week production time.

Picking it up this Friday 4/21/06. I got the garage all cleaned up so it has a nice place to stay.

Can't wait ti see and drive it Friday, the dealer is giving me an on-water demo when we pick it up. Praying for decent weather this Friday, you never know this time of year in Ohio.

Thanks for the accurate information!

Jon
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
No problem. I hope you enjoy it. Post some pictures up when you can.

TN_Boarder
05-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow, I'm a bit suprised but very happy for you. I committed to purchasing my boat (an '06 LSV) back in Febuary. It was a boat that my dealer had already ordered and I added a few options. He estimated that I would get the boat in March and I am still waiting on the boat. I have now contacted Moomba and they guaranteed the boat to be here by 5/19. I have a big weekend scheduled for Memorial Day so I'm cutting it really close. I hope my story ends as well as yours has. When did you order your boat and what was the original estimated delivery?

seanpatsdad
05-09-2006, 05:57 AM
How are you going to break that in and do the oil change in time.Just wondering.
John

TN_Boarder
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I plan on using the weekend that I pick the boat up for break-in. I'm sure it will end up carrying over to Memorial Weekend as well, but the water is probably still gonna be too cold to do any significant amount of boarding by then anyway. Maybe by Sunday or Monday, she'll be ready to do some towing. I'll probably be doing the oil changes myself. I got a friend who is a long time boat owner and he does his own. I usually do my own vehicles and I figure I can get him to help me out.

Smrtz
05-09-2006, 10:10 AM
If you can you should take the boat back to the dealer for 20hr oil change They (at least my dealer) did a full inspection on the boat and trailor along with the 20 hr oil change.
As for not pulling people during the breakin period, generally the boats come with about 3 hrs on them from the factory and as long as you keep the rpms low (i think it was below 4000rpm) you shouldnt have any issues towing during that time.
I could be wrong, I was in the exact same situation when I received my boat last year.
I did exactly as the dealer instructed me and not pulling was not part of what I was instructed about. I also just checked the manual and I dont see where it says dont pull during break in period..

I could be off base here this is just my experience..

Nobody knows these boats better than your dealer the initial inspection is important for identifying potential problems. I wouldnt take the risk but thats just me..

JoeTechie
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
generally the boats come with about 3 hrs on them from the factory

Smrtz - what are you basing this on ? Indmar or Skier's Choice break-in ?

-J

Smrtz
05-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I cant remember if it was Indmar or skiers choice...
Didnt even realize that there was different breakin instructions... I went by what the guy at the delaership told me for the most part but know that it is writtenin one of the manuals that came with the boat....

seems weird the SC would have break in instructions that did not jive with indmar...guess it wouldnt be the first time

TN_Boarder
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I did see in the manual that all SC's boats go through a "rigorous" amount of testing prior to shipment to ensure the boat is up to par. Also, the owners manual really only specifies a 7 hour break-in period where I have heard that dealers sometimes recommend 10 - 20 hours of break-in. What do you guys know about that?

Smrtz
05-09-2006, 11:24 AM
the thing they stressed the most with myself was to make sure that I did the 20 hr oil change between 20-25 hrs forsure. the engine oil that comes in it actually has soap in it that cleans impurities from the production process out of the engine.

Maybe someone from SC could help us out here. Tell us what the standard is. Tell us what they would do if they bought a boat for their family!