PDA

View Full Version : no juice to '97 Moomba

redwhitemoomba
05-24-2014, 10:56 PM
I replaced my starter two years ago. I tried to start it over the winter and it would not even click. Today I decided to dig in a little deeper. I tried to jump it off of my truck and still, no sound. I touched the positive wire straight to the starter and I could hear it spin. I replaced the solenoid and tried to start it again and still, no sound. Hooked up the positive to the starter and it would spin. Is there a fuse that I am not thinking of? Any other suggestions?

redwhitemoomba
05-24-2014, 11:44 PM
So while I was pulling on the negative cable I heard the starter click. I figured I should hook the truck back up to it and try to crank it. I got lots of sparks from the boat battering and it was trying to turnover. Problem was the boat keys were still in the truck. I pulled the boat battery and hooked the jumper cables straight to the boat batteries. Again no key in the ignition and lots of sparks and engine trying to start. NOW what is happening?

bergermaister
05-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a bad connection at the battery - maybe a terminal. Sparks usually mean an air gap = loose connection.

sivs1
05-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Single battery or dual? Could be wiring issue to the battery switch, something loose? Bad ignition?

BGeorge01
05-27-2014, 08:35 PM
I had a similar problem last year on my 98 outback. I couldn't get the motor to turn over, thought it was the starter so I had it rebuilt, put it back on and still did the same thing, just wouldn't turn over. For some reason I decided to check the ignition switch (where you put the key in) that's what it was, that part had fried. Went to auto zone bought a new one for like $15 bucks and started right up. Don't know if that's your problem but I guess you never know, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk