PDA

View Full Version : 2008 moomba lsv no start

08 moomba lsv
05-23-2014, 11:57 PM
5.7 l indmar I have got good spark I have fuel all the way to the rail yet the plugs are dry and won't fire could the fuel pressure be to low? I can't think of anything else please help !!!

moombahighrider
05-24-2014, 12:44 AM
It might be worth popping the injectors off to see if they are gummed up and if you get the fuel pressure relief.

mmandley
05-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Very possible your fuel pressure is to low. Last year on my Vette I had pressure at the rail but it wouldn't start. Replaced fuel pump it fired right up.

rdlangston13
05-24-2014, 09:10 AM
get a test light and make sure your injectors have power, ground the test light and test both wires to the injectors, if one of them should cause the light to flash. also check the actual fuel pressure, you can rent a fuel pressure gauge from a local auto parts store for cheap. should be around 40-50 psi i would think.

moombadaze
05-24-2014, 08:37 PM
um, is the kill cord connected properly. just don't ask why im asking

XLV23GG
05-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Try the oil pressure safety switch haveing same problem with my xlv 5.7. Done everything, my last resort is this oil pressure safety switch. It has there wires one of supposedly relay to the motor that the oils pressure is up so the fuel pump will kick in. I dunno trying today my weekend was already ruined and not to mention I spent 500$ at a shop and it still doesn't work.

Welly72
05-27-2014, 09:43 AM
X2 on the oil pressure switch

sivs1
05-27-2014, 09:51 AM
In Neutral? Even if it looks like it is it may not be, put it in gear and back out. Yes, I learned this the hard way!

Badfoot
05-28-2014, 07:28 AM
X3 on the oil pressure switch. I had this problem a couple of years ago.

Rakkasan
05-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm curious. I also have issues starting my 08 LSV in the morning it can take 10 to 15 turns of the key to finally get the engine running. After running for a while in order to restart I find that if I turn the key, hear the fuel pump kick in, and try to start it won't. But I'll the push the throttle forward to kill the starter while holding the key in the start position then bump the throttle back to neutral it will start but I have to throw the throttle froward a little to keep it running.

Could I have a problem with the oil pressure switch. It reads normal oil pressure while running and I put about 15hrs on the boat over the long weekend and it ran fine.

sivs1
05-28-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm curious. I also have issues starting my 08 LSV in the morning it can take 10 to 15 turns of the key to finally get the engine running. After running for a while in order to restart I find that if I turn the key, hear the fuel pump kick in, and try to start it won't. But I'll the push the throttle forward to kill the starter while holding the key in the start position then bump the throttle back to neutral it will start but I have to throw the throttle froward a little to keep it running.

Could I have a problem with the oil pressure switch. It reads normal oil pressure while running and I put about 15hrs on the boat over the long weekend and it ran fine.

This was a problem I was having, I replaced the fuel filter and have not had the issue since. You could have a bad ignition switch.

Rakkasan
05-28-2014, 09:05 AM
This was a problem I was having, I replaced the fuel filter and have not had the issue since. You could have a bad ignition switch.

Ok I've already replaced the filter but will check into the ignition switch.

Badfoot
05-28-2014, 09:35 AM

Rakkasan,
In my opinion, your issue does not sound like oil pressure switch, if you have ran it 15 or so hours. Generally, with a faulty oil pressure switch, the engine will start but not run very long because the oil pressure switch did not sense pressure and the engine will shut down as a safety feature.

Rakkasan
05-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Rakkasan,
In my opinion, your issue does not sound like oil pressure switch, if you have ran it 15 or so hours. Generally, with a faulty oil pressure switch, the engine will start but not run very long because the oil pressure switch did not sense pressure and the engine will shut down as a safety feature.

Ok that makes sense I just can't figure out why its so hard to start but run like a champ. I'd take it to the dealer but it's a long drive and my days off are not very conducive to their work load.