PDA

View Full Version : New Board Suggestions?

Beejwest
05-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Just got into wakesurfing last year. First board was an LF Fish 5'6". It's been a great learning board, and a fantastic boat board, but I feel like I'm outgrowing it. Kind of wanting to get into skim style for the spins and shuv its, etc.

Any suggestions on a board? I'm 6'3" and 240 surfing behind my 07 LSV with 1,000 lb port and 800 lbs up front. Great wave. I've been eyeballing the '13 LF Doum because they're on sale with the '14's being out. Any others y'all like?

kriley
05-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Wake Wood, Day One, Evercarve - These are great boards that are reasonably priced! At the Southern Surfest I bought one of each - Alot of the people bought the Wake Wood - Seemed to be the "new board to have". I will say the Wake Wood is very very sharp - all wood...

Beejwest
05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks. I like the wake woods. They look sharp. I was thinking about making an Alaia anyways to surf, but the hollow wake woods would probably ride much better.

xBabyJesus
05-23-2014, 05:11 PM
What's your budget? Phase 5 has some good skim boards for the price...

muehlcj
05-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Just got into wakesurfing last year. First board was an LF Fish 5'6". It's been a great learning board, and a fantastic boat board, but I feel like I'm outgrowing it. Kind of wanting to get into skim style for the spins and shuv its, etc.

Any suggestions on a board? I'm 6'3" and 240 surfing behind my 07 LSV with 1,000 lb port and 800 lbs up front. Great wave. I've been eyeballing the '13 LF Doum because they're on sale with the '14's being out. Any others y'all like?
If your looking for a skimmer P5 all the way. They are running 20% of their factory deals right now. Check their website.