PDA

View Full Version : who's going to brave the water on memorial day weekend

sandm
05-20-2014, 01:51 PM
so who's going out with all the crazies?

we're building a fence so not sure if any water time is in our future weekend plans..

Cigars n scotch
05-20-2014, 02:14 PM
I'll be out on Lake Wylie in SC but I am trying to see if my father will ask one of his employees if it's cool for us to use his parents launch which is at their house. They live right on the lake. The boat ramps are what concerns me not the water. It gets hectic here from what I've been told, and just two weeks ago on a nice sunny day we had to wait over 25 mins to finally pull out, and it is especially hard on me because we have an infant and a 2 yr old so the wifey is watching the kids while I am doing everything boat related.

Rakkasan
05-20-2014, 02:22 PM
We're headed out to Lake Martin,Al for the long weekend. Got a house rented that has its own launch and dock so I'm not seeing any problems with getting in the water. And it's a nice sized lake so shouldn't be to bad on the water, hopefully.

sivs1
05-20-2014, 02:22 PM
July 4th is the crazy one around here. Water is still a bit cold and air temps barely pushing 70 it's a good time to be on the water. The fun part is watching everyone with their brand new boats launch for the first time.

irish-racing
05-20-2014, 02:28 PM
I would be out with the crazies but my boat is in the shop till next wednesday :(

bergermaister
05-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Will be at the beach watching my kids go to just "look" at the water and come back completely soaked...

We'll save the crazies at the boat launch for when Kaneboats gets here.

patrick232
05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
We will be at our condo on Norris Lake if anyone else is down stop by. I should have voted twice since we picked our condo to watch the cray vacationers launch and retrieve.

gregski
05-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Where's the option for "water's still too damn cold"? The water is colder than it is in November but I'm sure there will be plenty of folks pretending like it's summertime.

kaneboats
05-20-2014, 04:41 PM
We're headed out to Lake Martin,Al for the long weekend. Got a house rented that has its own launch and dock so I'm not seeing any problems with getting in the water. And it's a nice sized lake so shouldn't be to bad on the water, hopefully.

Lake Martin is a good time. Will be pretty busy but not as bad as many other places.

We will hit the Flint River on Saturday and stay the heck away on Sun. and Mon. Too many idiots and boat cops looking for trouble.

rdlangston13
05-20-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm going to be collecting holiday pay that day

Sent from my iPhone

yearround
05-20-2014, 05:49 PM
We may go out saturday afternoon, the water was a balmy 57 this past weekend. the girls trunked it, so i could not put on the wetsuit, and certainly not the dry suit. monday will be pushing through the hordes at the bolder boulder supporting my wife, unless she goes too slow and i ditch her, but then that becomes more painful later.

Sharpshooter
05-20-2014, 06:23 PM
We will go up Thursday and stay till Tuesday, and only hit the water early morning and late evening into the night

jmvotto
05-20-2014, 06:50 PM
On the water if the water is down and debris is clear, otherwise spring clean up and opening Chores at the lake house.

jstenger
05-20-2014, 07:07 PM
We have a cottage on Lake Diane near the Ohio and Indiana borders. Taking the boat there for 4 days of skiing, tubing, wakeboarding, and surfing.

ian ashton
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Our lake was 43 degrees on Sunday. Perfect for a dry suit!

BamaMojo
05-20-2014, 11:10 PM

Be at lake Martin Sunday myself.

2012 Mojo

blackout_58
05-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Looks like we will be headed to our local lake in Mississippi early morning after a weekend road trip to Alabama, can't wait!

wolff supra21v
05-21-2014, 08:47 AM
We will be heading to a private lake in IL that a friend owns. There will be about ten of us camping total.
This will happen only of I get the inside of the bus finished to go. it is getting close to being camp-able but the inside will not be 100% done. This is possible with a few more late nights.

New Guy
05-21-2014, 09:58 AM
We'll be out this weekend breaking in the new mojo!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

boater4life
05-21-2014, 11:26 AM
C'mon Scott! This weekend really isn’t that bad, it’s probably my favorite weekend of the whole year actually. The last couple years we have been the been one of the first boats on the water and the last one off the water on Sunday night after the fireworks (don’t have to worry about parking then). Unless you’re like Mark and can’t get back to Wrightstown through the locks, then he is the last one on the water…..

slipperyrockTKE300
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
I'll be on the lake Saturday - never on the actual holiday.

E4NASH
05-21-2014, 02:19 PM
I'll be out on Lanier in the new boat for the first time on Saturday! Can't wait!!

SEARK
05-21-2014, 05:08 PM
It's not really a big lake day here. Will be a few more out than normal, but nothing like July 4. Sunday will be our big day on the lake.

KG's Supra24
05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Spending the weekend on the water with the crazies!

EricU
05-21-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't go out on the big weekends, too many drunks and cops. And I have been known to enjoy an adult beverage while on the lake and just don't need the hassles, usually cant find decent water as there always seems to be a tube being pulled right through the skier's cove!!

I do go out the following weekend which is usually quite quiet, this year we are going to try to hit Camp Far West that weekend hopefully with our pontoon boat back after a year and a half (long boring pissy story there!)

Anyway to those going out this weekend, Have Fun!

Bama Dude
05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I'll be out all day, every day from Friday thru Monday. Water temp in the low 80's. Sorry to rub it in northern friends. 😉

Jwredmon101
05-22-2014, 01:27 AM
I'll be out all day, every day from Friday thru Monday. Water temp in the low 80's. Sorry to rub it in northern friends. 

Haha! I feel ya on that one .. Going to Center Hill lake in TN on Sat. Had driving school Monday when I took a trip down in April. Stopped by the lake on the way down to check the temp. Felt like bath water!!! Cant wait