PDA

View Full Version : IBS in a XLV?

Boonejeepin
05-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Has anyone installed an IBS in a XLV?

There are partition walls for the under seat storage that seem to make it almost impossible. Anyone cut/modify the walls to fit the IBS? Will it fit/fill without modification?

I need more water ballast!

Thanks!

irish-racing
05-20-2014, 11:06 AM
+1 on this thread. I am also interested.

Boonejeepin
05-22-2014, 12:28 AM
I think IBS is a no go. The partition wall is glassed in and there is very little pass through room.

irish-racing
05-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Well that sucks.

jmvotto
05-22-2014, 10:42 AM
You could always add two 400s in the bow area under each seat.

Ian Brantford
05-22-2014, 12:54 PM

I got the bags for this, but so far have not installed them. I just use a single bag on the seat, filled using a handheld Tsunami pump. I found that the 400's are a bit too big, and pose a risk of pressing too hard on the wrong spots, especially on the driver's side.

Of course, a buddy later remarked that I could have ordered custom bags. I never guessed!

So, if anyone wants to go in on a small group buy for custom XLV bags, please post here!

bergermaister
05-22-2014, 01:19 PM
I think IBS is a no go. The partition wall is glassed in and there is very little pass through room.

I have the playpen as well, but not sure my supports are the same...

Would something like this laid across be out of the question?

http://www.wakemakers.com/media/extendware/ewminify/media/inline/9a/c/fly_high_pro_x_series_open_bow_sac_w706.jpg

It would sorta work on mine but dip down through the middle and maybe kink up the drain port.

Boonejeepin
05-22-2014, 01:26 PM

I have gone that route before. The fill is very incomplete before it starts pushing cushions up.

I guess a sac on top of the seats will be the current solution.

I also crammed 4 pop bags up there. 160lbs total.

Boonejeepin
05-22-2014, 01:27 PM
I have the playpen as well, but not sure my supports are the same...

Would something like this laid across be out of the question?

http://www.wakemakers.com/media/extendware/ewminify/media/inline/9a/c/fly_high_pro_x_series_open_bow_sac_w706.jpg

It would sorta work on mine but dip down through the middle and maybe kink up the drain port.

Was trying to avoid more exposed bags.

Wife is really getting tired of the bags taking up seating and floor space.

bergermaister
05-22-2014, 01:33 PM
So it's a no-go underneath due to the supports...

Time for more lead!

kaneboats
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Was trying to avoid more exposed bags.

Wife is really getting tired of the bags taking up seating and floor space.

I got my wife to go for the LSV by making the argument that we would not have to trip over bags anymore (old boat was the OB). I'm still afraid to have one exposed. I'm thinking about putting something under the port side bow seat to get a little more weight up front. No IBS for me as I can't spare the space. Has anyone thrown a bag on one side or side and across the front? What size worked for you? I'm thinking a mini-IBS to get a couple hundred up there.

moombadaze
05-22-2014, 05:24 PM
pat, ive got a smaller sumo sac that will be coming with me in july, we can test fit it then. think the bag is 200+ish lbs

jmvotto
05-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Russ , would these fit.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-bags?capacity=628

Boonejeepin
05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Russ , would these fit.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-bags?capacity=628

I think that may be the best option, outside of lead.

kaneboats
05-25-2014, 10:15 AM
pat, ive got a smaller sumo sac that will be coming with me in july, we can test fit it then. think the bag is 200+ish lbs

Thanks. That would be great. I wish I would have kept that extra 400 that I sent to Todd. I gave it to him, paid for the shipping just to be a good guy and then he never even said thanks. Oh well.