PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Cover Straps

jstenger
05-18-2014, 05:15 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/evamepet.jpg

I found a bag in my new LSV with these straps in it. My salesman says they are used to support the cover. There are 2 long straps with quick release buckles, 2 short straps with quick release buckles, 2 pole caps that the straps hook to, and one strap without quick release buckles. Anyone know how to put it together? Thanks.

moombahighrider
05-18-2014, 05:28 PM
I could be wrong (this is mostly a guess, looking at the parts you have) but I think the pole caps go on top of the support poles you should have somewhere. The one short strap will connect the two poles to each other. Then you have two long straps that connect from the front pole (?) to the sides of the boat and the two short straps that connect from the back pole to the side of the boat. Does that seem likely?

jstenger
05-18-2014, 05:38 PM
That was what I was guessing. I think I am supposed to make loops out of the straps.

gscharf
05-18-2014, 05:48 PM
I was told that a strap goes between the two poles. Then make 2 y's. From the front pole to the each bow grab handle. Then from the rear pole to rear cleats. This was for the OBV but I can imagine it would be much different.

I was going to to the tower easier to get to and will hold the cover higher towards the sides.

mikenehrkorn
05-18-2014, 08:32 PM
I was told that a strap goes between the two poles. Then make 2 y's. From the front pole to the each bow grab handle. Then from the rear pole to rear cleats. This was for the OBV but I can imagine it would be much different.

I was going to to the tower easier to get to and will hold the cover higher towards the sides.

Yep, that's how my OBV straps worked as well.

mcdye
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Funny thing before we the boat back in the garage last night, we put ours together night. Right or wrong this is what I did. The longer buckle straps I put on the back to the rear tow hooks, the shorter ones I took to the front hand grab rails. Then the one with the metal loops ran between the plastic pole caps. I will definitly give it a try if I get caught at the lake and know it is going to rain. It looks like it could eliminate the chance of puddling and give better run off then just the poles.