PDA

View Full Version : How much is enough?

Jwredmon101
05-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Looking at getting a kicker sub and amp put into the mondo. I know that "bigger is best" is always the case but cant get the wife on board when it comes to bass, Or to be exact a sub woofer. So my question is what do yall feel is a minimum wattage that someone would need to get decent bass sound out of the sub with out jarring the boat to death. I got a pair of xm9s and all exile cabin speakers all amped. To even it out what do you feel about a dx500.1 amp and a compR 12" sub? I know it is all about preference but there has to be a minimum right? The next option would be a 1000dx amp and a Comp VX 12" sub. Thanks in advance!

rdlangston13
05-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Looking at getting a kicker sub and amp put into the mondo. I know that "bigger is best" is always the case but cant get the wife on board when it comes to bass, Or to be exact a sub woofer. So my question is what do yall feel is a minimum wattage that someone would need to get decent bass sound out of the sub with out jarring the boat to death. I got a pair of xm9s and all exile cabin speakers all amped. To even it out what do you feel about a dx500.1 amp and a compR 12" sub? I know it is all about preference but there has to be a minimum right? The next option would be a 1000dx amp and a Comp VX 12" sub. Thanks in advance!

I have the opposite problem, the sub is by far my wife's favorite part

Sent from my iPhone

MLA
05-17-2014, 12:31 AM
For a 500W rms amp, the Kicker Comp S or CompVR is a better match at a 300W rms. For a 1000W rm amp, the Comp R or CompVX is the better match with its 800 rms/1600 peak.

Honestly, a 10" driven with 250W rms is all it takes to fill in those missing low notes and add balance. Bit there are may people that want more bass and its easier to turn it down then turn it up. The better system is the one thats not always pushed to its limits.