PDA

View Full Version : CIPA Vision 180 vs. Extreme: time to compare

trayson
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I couldn't decide based on internet reviews which mirror I'll like better. So I bought both and will pick the one I like best.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks Amazon.com

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sm75R8-1ZBM/U3PedL6C7UI/AAAAAAAAQKA/sbyE4mFPC5U/s800/20140514_142006.jpg

trayson
05-15-2014, 01:09 AM
I tried both of them and had them literally one on top of the other while out on the water. (I shoulda taken a pic of how it would look when looking out of both of them.)

I liked the 180 Vision. That's the one I'll keep.

It definitely has more panoramic landscape to it. The extreme is cool and very clear, but I liked the extra field of view. Plus not having to fiddle with the sides is better.

The look of the Vision is VERY similar to watching a go-pro video.

I only snapped a couple shots. This one was while driving back at about 30 mph.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PCQc7mXd2qw/U3RKiq2uFpI/AAAAAAAAQKY/Z1i4gVAoCS4/s800/20140514_203422.jpg

Here is one that my buddy snapped of me while I was surfing:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6S7e2AkTw_s/U3RJ-IF6d5I/AAAAAAAAQKQ/FAkkzaRmnZA/s800/IMG_5158.jpg

mcdye
05-15-2014, 07:48 AM
I had the Extreme on past boat and was debating what to get next. I liked the Extreme but the new wide vision ones had my attention. Thanks for the review, you helped with my decision.

New Guy
05-15-2014, 09:04 AM
PTM?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

mmandley
05-15-2014, 11:43 AM
I had the Cipa Extreame on my LSV let me know what your into it for, I might be interested in grabbing it from you since we are local.

trayson
05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
I had the Cipa Extreame on my LSV let me know what your into it for, I might be interested in grabbing it from you since we are local.

Well, honestly I could just return it to Amazon for the same money I paid for it. But if you wanna meet up and take it off my hands, I could do that too.

Also, there's a thread that I have going on WW where there's at least a couple people that have Extremes that they'd love to offload and get the Vision 180 instead. My "finders fee" for setting you up with one of those peeps would be a surf ride behind your beast of a Mojo!!!

BTW, you gonna be at Demo days this Saturday? I can't wait to try out various surf system boats!

trayson
05-15-2014, 12:36 PM
PTM?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Lots of people bring up the PTM. However, it's more than twice the price and I'm not willing to throw that kind of cheddar at a mirror, so it's never been in the equation. I know the PTM Edge is 140 degrees and the CIPA vision is 180. Beyond that, I've never seen a PTM Edge in person and really don't need to as I am pretty happy with my Vision 180.

mmandley
05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Well, honestly I could just return it to Amazon for the same money I paid for it. But if you wanna meet up and take it off my hands, I could do that too.

Also, there's a thread that I have going on WW where there's at least a couple people that have Extremes that they'd love to offload and get the Vision 180 instead. My "finders fee" for setting you up with one of those peeps would be a surf ride behind your beast of a Mojo!!!

BTW, you gonna be at Demo days this Saturday? I can't wait to try out various surf system boats!

Fair enough man, I can get one from Amazon just the same. Also your always welcome to surf behind our Mojo.

Demo days is on the fence, I have Saturday off, and a buddy wants to head down but Claudia doesn't sound like she wants to go. If she doesn't go then no point in bringing my boat out.

I will how ever been down at 10th a lot this summer though so I know we can meet up at that point. If your willing to drive to Hagg your also always welcome.

trayson
05-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Fair enough man, I can get one from Amazon just the same. Also your always welcome to surf behind our Mojo.

Demo days is on the fence, I have Saturday off, and a buddy wants to head down but Claudia doesn't sound like she wants to go. If she doesn't go then no point in bringing my boat out.

I will how ever been down at 10th a lot this summer though so I know we can meet up at that point. If your willing to drive to Hagg your also always welcome.

I would be coming from Vancouver, so either is a bit of a trek, but not out of the question. I would love to get out and ride with you some. My direct drive is by all means surfable, but not even in the same hemisphere as your mojo!

Also, here's my WW thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802043 There were a couple people on there that seemed like they'd be down to offload their extreme. of course, for the $20 you might save, it's probably not worth the hassle when you can just clickity click on Amazon and have it with a quickness. Hell, I ordered my mirror on Monday with my Mom's Amazon Prime and had it on my boat on Wed.

kaneboats
05-16-2014, 11:22 AM
I know just the day to get together!