PDA

View Full Version : Heater install ?

VegasJay
05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
First off, I am newbie to a lot of this. My boat came with a heater brand new in the box, so I thought I would install it. I looked through most of the threads and have a handle on most of the install. My question is in the electrical. I think I have the switch figured out. However, what do most of you do for the main power line and ground. Do you run a direct hot line with fuse to battery, or is there a better way. I didn't see much in the other threads on the wiring.

Thanks a bunch
Jeff

parrothd
05-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Are you planning to use the switch that comes with the kit?

What switches do you have on the dash, I usually re-porpuse one of those so it matches, stereo or acc?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

VegasJay
05-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I was going to use the accesory three way switch on end and wire it up for medium and high, like another thread I saw with the schematic.

Are you planning to use the switch that comes with the kit?

What switches do you have on the dash, I usually re-porpuse one of those so it matches, stereo or acc?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

parrothd
05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Tap a new +positive lead from the main battery wire or bus bar under the dash, with a 25 amp fuse.

VegasJay
05-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Do I then run that to the positive on the fan motor? Right now it has a wire on the positive of the fan motor running to the max switch on the fan unit.

Tap a new +positive lead from the main battery wire or bus bar under the dash, with a 25 amp fuse.

parrothd
05-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Do I then run that to the positive on the fan motor? Right now it has a wire on the positive of the fan motor running to the max switch on the fan unit.

No, you run that to the switch, and then there should be a red/orange/yellow wires that run to the fan unit from the switch...

parrothd
05-13-2014, 06:14 PM
See page 5, 3 speed heater diagram...

http://heatercraft.com/content/Installation/Heater_Instal_Marine.pdf