PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Issue

Chazelet
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
So i recenty started having problems with my NVS deviant tower speakers cutting in and out at low and high volume. I recently noticed this after pulling the boat from storage. Before winter my father and i were attempting to fold down the tower but decided to leave it up during storage. Im not sure if we may have stretched the wires during this process? To me it seems like a ground or connection issue. The speaker will cut out but start working again, i can also shake the tower a little which causes it to work again. Any ideas on where to start looking. Connections at the batter are all solid. I assume its either the weather connecter plug on the side of the boat or something strung through the tower.

Any advice is appreaciated

sivs1
05-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a wiring issue. I would start at the head unit and work my way through everything. Check HU to AMP connections, RCA cables and remote power lead. Make sure all connections are solid, nothing loose. Then check AMP to power and ground, same thing, make sure everything is solid. If all good there start playing with the tower wires, but would hope you find the issue before getting to this point.

Are you using a distribution block for both power and ground?

Good luck, electrical is a beast. Good looking setup though!

Chazelet
05-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks sivs, im not sure on the distribution block. Exile amp along with a Kicker amp. I assume the kicker is powering my internal speakers and the exile is powering the tower speakers. I may start with the tower speaker wiring first since thats the only known place that a issue could have been caused. Do the tower speaker plugs go bad?

Brianinpdx
05-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a wiring issue. In simple terms check all connections and make sure they are terminated correctly and tightly. since you seem to have cut in and out issues--- might take a rubber mallet and gently bang on a few area's and see if you can isolate the problem. is it happening on both speakers? or just one side... this would give us some clues.

-Brian