PDA

View Full Version : Exile ZLD

mikenehrkorn
05-12-2014, 09:37 AM
I was just conversing with Brian over email this morning and for those of you eagerly awaiting the new Exile ZLD it is now posted for pre-order on the Exile website......right now you can get the new version at the old price ($200)!!!

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/amplifiers/signal-processing.html

uniwarking
05-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Already on the list, can't wait to finish my system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
05-12-2014, 10:59 AM
"Input gains are inverted to the bottom of the chasis but remain user configurable."

Finally... One of the biggest complaints of any zone controller I've experienced has been resolved.

jmvotto
05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
where's the Blue tooth ????

irish-racing
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Just got my name on the list. Now is the start of upgrading my stereo. It isn't bad now but I want it to be awesome.

Woody929
05-12-2014, 12:54 PM

They decided not to include it. Brian might chime in with the reasoning. That's why I decided to go AirEnabler. Full SQ (no compression), and a much greater distance than BT.

mmandley
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM

We tested the BT model last year for a short time, it would pop and has noise in the playback. Couple pops where so bad i pulled it out in fear of blowing a speaker.

In the end it was decided even though everyone wants BT integrated it just wasn't worth the trouble. I was pushing Exile pretty hard to integrate it.

In the end Brian said its a better signal and cleaner to run with the MP3 cable. So that's what we are still doing.

98outback
05-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Quick question. I need to get a controller to control the tower and the incabin speakers independent of each other. My sub already has its own control. Would I be fine with just the kicker zxmrlc or would the new exile one coming out be a better match?

MLA
05-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Quick question. I need to get a controller to control the tower and the incabin speakers independent of each other. My sub already has its own control. Would I be fine with just the kicker zxmrlc or would the new exile one coming out be a better match?

Here are some things about the ZXM that I like:
9V line level on both chnls
uses data lines to the knobs as opposed to long RCA cables. This keeps the processor close to the amps and RCA cables short
The knobs can be surface or panel mounted or surface mounted.

If you have a helm mounted remote or the head-unit is helm mounted, you have master volume control right there.

Here are some things about the new ZLD to consider:
Its still a single equalizer, as the previous unit, so what ever adjustments are made, effect both the tower and in-boats zones.

Redundant sub cross-over? hasent been needed on an EQ since its already built into your amp. Ideally, the sub would be set to low-pass and the cross-over is set ans you are done. There should not be a need for fingertip changes.

Sub-phase adjustment? Again, this is part of most mono amps and is not something that gets adjusted on the fly. Its a set it and forget it like the sub cross-over.

I do not understand the need for these 2 functions, on a unit that was redesigned from the ground up. Can anyone explain?

98outback
05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
It sounds like the kicker is all that I need. Thanks