PDA

View Full Version : Garage

trmaggie98
05-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Got the mojo in the garage, but I had to take the racks off. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue? Had anyone tried swapping the sides so they face forward instead of the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigars n scotch
05-11-2014, 10:02 PM
That will be a pain each time you pull in and out. I am of no help because I have a Supra with a rad a cage, I have to move mine facing rear wards and put those orange vests down to protect the gel coat. Hope you figure something out.

trmaggie98
05-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Yup, not sure what to do about it. I can keep it outside for the summer, since it never rains here in Texas, then take them off for next winter. However in would like to keep it in the garage during the summer as well.

mcdye
05-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Got the mojo in the garage, but I had to take the racks off. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue? Had anyone tried swapping the sides so they face forward instead of the rear?

Do you have the swivel racks? One option is to contact skylon and buy the needed parts to make them swivel. The new swivel version are removable with one knob bolt. We have to remove ours for the garage, we do it at the lake to eliminate bug splats for the raod trip.

trmaggie98
05-13-2014, 12:58 AM
They are the swivel version that came on the boat

mcdye
05-13-2014, 08:11 AM
They are the swivel version that came on the boat

Have you had them checked to see if they affected with the recall? On '13, they would swing around at will, due to the fact the plunger pin would not fully seat. The replacements, the plunger pin goes thru the bottom piece.

I elected not to get them last year just for the fact that I had to remove them each time to fit in the garage and knew how much of pain it would have been. For '14 they changed them up to be removable. Not sure the cost to retro but might be worth it to contact skylon.