PDA

View Full Version : Swim Deck Pad: Is this worth a DIY?

bkearney
05-05-2014, 04:20 PM
The black feet which result from my stock swim pad are getting annoying. Doing a quick google search, it looks like seadeck is the only game in town. Is that accurate?

if so.. is it worth a DIY to cut out the style for a MOJO, or pay for the pre-cut.

Thanks!

motosno963
05-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Your other option is hydro-turf. There is a how to that parrothd did on his interior and he used hydro turf for his flooring.

beat taco
05-05-2014, 05:04 PM
You can also get dino grip from wakejunky.com

BGeorge01
05-05-2014, 06:38 PM
I believe that when I looked seadek was the only company that you can buy it precut specifically for your platform or anything else you want. You measure, send that in, approve, and when it arrives just put it on. The others you will have to make your own template and cut it yourself but it is cheaper to go that route. I used seadek and have no regrets they do a awesome job, just pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
05-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Take a look at Agenda sheet traction

http://agendasurf.com/dir/shop/boats/boat-sheet-traction.html

new link: http://agendasurf.com/shop/sup/sup-sheet-traction.html

They've added quite a few colors.

Badfoot
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Had the same problem with the black transferring to the interior. I purchased the Seadek pad and installed it myself. It is an easy install. The toughest part was removing the original pad. I recommend doing it in the warmer months. I did mine in February. I used a heat gun to warm the pad and it comes off easier. Once removed and cleaned, the new install took only about 10 minutes. Seadek has DIY videos available and if you follow those steps, you should have no trouble. I like the way it turned out. Tooke about 2 weeks to arrive. Attached are a couple of photos.

jmvotto
05-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Plus 1 on the sea dek install..

Gabbyg88
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
I can tell you right now that Seadek is very busy. I sent my template in a few weeks ago and got the quote back. Then I got an email that they are about a month behind with custom work. They gave 10% off because of it. I can't wait to get it installed, I have same problem with the black foot prints.

VegasJay
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Badfoot or others that may know, I had a couple questions prior to ordering a Seadek. If you pick out a standard Moomba design and dont select a font, do they then use the font in the photo of the item? I want to get a Moomba logo one with the Moomba font from the item photo. Also, do you need to specify the Manufacturer Logo even though the Logo is in the item photo? I am basically trying to order the one Badfoot did in his photo, just different colors.

thanks
Jeff

Had the same problem with the black transferring to the interior. I purchased the Seadek pad and installed it myself. It is an easy install. The toughest part was removing the original pad. I recommend doing it in the warmer months. I did mine in February. I used a heat gun to warm the pad and it comes off easier. Once removed and cleaned, the new install took only about 10 minutes. Seadek has DIY videos available and if you follow those steps, you should have no trouble. I like the way it turned out. Tooke about 2 weeks to arrive. Attached are a couple of photos.

BGeorge01
05-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Badfoot or others that may know, I had a couple questions prior to ordering a Seadek. If you pick out a standard Moomba design and dont select a font, do they then use the font in the photo of the item? I want to get a Moomba logo one with the Moomba font from the item photo. Also, do you need to specify the Manufacturer Logo even though the Logo is in the item photo? I am basically trying to order the one Badfoot did in his photo, just different colors.

thanks
Jeff

Here is the one I ordered just like that one... http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/bgeorgeusaf/E70CD787-E60D-437F-A595-78BAE975EE1F_zpsk4xn1tkk.jpg (http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/bgeorgeusaf/media/E70CD787-E60D-437F-A595-78BAE975EE1F_zpsk4xn1tkk.jpg.html)
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/bgeorgeusaf/C49279AF-62EE-4078-B272-873615D3E8B1_zpscmfy87cl.jpg (http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/bgeorgeusaf/media/C49279AF-62EE-4078-B272-873615D3E8B1_zpscmfy87cl.jpg.html)
When I ordered mine I found a reference and sent that in. You could use these pictures as your reference. The more references the better you'll be. They will send you a proof that you have to approve before making the pad, just make sure it's what your wanting. Hope that helps.

Badfoot
05-22-2014, 02:51 PM

thanks
Jeff
Jeff,
I did not select a font when I ordered mine. You DO need to select the manufacturer logo. That's how they get there additional $30.00. I talked to Seadek on the phone, I had the same question. They told me I did need to select a font when ordering from the selections listed under the Moomba logos. You just need to confirm the dimensions of your platform. I'm getting ready to try mine out for the first time tomorrow.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with. Seadek was very helpful on the phone.

VegasJay
05-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up ordering mine just as you said Badfoot. I went with NO font and selected the Logo for $30. In the notes I stated I wanted the Moomba font from the item photo. Haven't gotten confirmation back on the order, but I hear they are quite busy. I probably should have done this a little earlier. :)

Jeff,
I did not select a font when I ordered mine. You DO need to select the manufacturer logo. That's how they get there additional $30.00. I talked to Seadek on the phone, I had the same question. They told me I did need to select a font when ordering from the selections listed under the Moomba logos. You just need to confirm the dimensions of your platform. I'm getting ready to try mine out for the first time tomorrow.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with. Seadek was very helpful on the phone.

VegasJay
05-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Man, checked that my order was correct (which it was), but they said latest estimate is 6-8 weeks now, not 5 like on the website. Bummer. Probably won't have in time for the Fourth.

Gabbyg88
05-23-2014, 09:47 PM
I am starting to get very frustrated with Seadek. I placed my or back in April and I still waiting. They messed up and used the wrong font, I ordered the factory Moomba and also OUTBACK V underneath it. When I got the preview print the font was wrong, now have to several more weeks for the redo. I called and ordered the dry fit sheet to make sure they got that right. I called Paige and left her v/m last week and she won return my calls. Starting to become a joke! They screw up and now i have to wait several weeks for them to correct.

Badfoot
05-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Man, checked that my order was correct (which it was), but they said latest estimate is 6-8 weeks now, not 5 like on the website. Bummer. Probably won't have in time for the Fourth.

My order only took 2 weeks to ship, but I ordered it in February. Hopefully, you'll have it by the 4th.
Good luck.

liquid_acid
05-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Ordered mine last week. They said it would be 6-8 weeks. I guess until then, I'll buy some more shit for my boat.

BGeorge01
05-28-2014, 09:25 PM
^^^^ addicted haha

liquid_acid
05-28-2014, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=BGeorge01;243305]^^^^ addicted haha

.....I can't stop!

fu-man
05-29-2014, 10:09 PM
Sea dek looks real nice, but do you want to spend $240 and get it after the 4th of July or go with Hydro turf and spend $120 and get it in about 7-10 days. I just redid mine with hydro turf and am very happy with it so far. You have to cut your own but my old pads came off real easy and I was able to use those as my template. Easy job when you have the old rubber pad to cut against. I have enough left over to do my buddy's swim deck too.

bkearney
05-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Photos... or it didnt happen :)

Gabbyg88
06-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I just want to say that Paige at Seadek is absolutely clueless. She has not helped at all and has delayed my order. I am absolutely fed up with Seadek.

VegasJay
06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
I hear you Gabby. They may be busy in the shop at Seadek, but that doesn't excuse their poor customer service. I have had almost zero luck with emailing them and the one time I spoke to them on the phone it was like a comedy routine getting passed around and waiting forever to get simple answers. Got a message two weeks ago that my pad was slated for production in the next 10 days. Haven't heard anything back even though I emailed them back. Will see if it ever shows up I guess.

Jeff

Gabbyg88
06-25-2014, 01:18 PM
I was told by a part owner at Seadek on June 10th that I would have my pad by June 24th. Well, today is June 25th and I still don't have my pad :mad:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?24361-Seadek-Experience/page1

I called Seadek this morning and they told that the pad was cut late last night and that it will ship today. I certainly hope this is the best thing since sliced bread for as long as I had to wait for this thing. I was going to use Seadek to replace my carpet next year, not anymore after this nigthmare....

VegasJay
06-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Just got an email back from I believe the same gal you had difficulties with. Said mine would ship next Monday or Tuesday. However, I thought it odd that she had a standard signature line above her name that said: "All Orders Must Be Submitted To Manufacturing By 13 June 2014 In Order To Receive Product For July 4th." My order went to manufacturing on the 12th so I should be good based on that statement. However, based on your story I am not holding my breath, especially since she said it was shipping Monday or Tuesday and that would be pretty tight to guarantee arrival before July 4th.

Gabbyg88
06-26-2014, 10:34 AM
I got a UPS tracking late yesterday afternoon :o I am in northest PA and according to the UPS tracking, it will be delivered June 30th. Once your CC is charged it is shipping that day according what they told me yesterday morning.

VegasJay
06-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Good to hear Gabby. Here is my favorite. I sent a message asking about receiving mine by July 4th since her Sig line had that comment I posted above. She told me she would have the shipping department contact with a quote for expedited shipping if I like. Really? Why even have the comment in your signature line? I told her I will just get it when I get it and that I was told 5 weeks lead time to get it originally and today marks 5 weeks, so I guess that wont happen.

I am in Michigan so maybe I will still see it next week if they ship on Monday and ship it the same speed yours was.

Gabbyg88
06-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Jay, that’s ridiculous, I would be screaming! Well, I officially ordered my template April 4th and received my quote on April 25th. They received the Template on April 17th so it will have taken 10 weeks for mine, which is a joke. Another note about shipping cost, the quote that you were given does NOT include shipping. I found that out when my CC was charged yesterday. I have worked in customer service for many years and currently in project management, if I ever send out a quote, it always includes shipping cost.

VegasJay
06-26-2014, 02:17 PM
At least you didn't use paypal like I did. They would have had your money for 10 weeks if you did. :-?

VegasJay
07-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Got my seadek finally. Anyone have suggestions on how long the pad needs to set prior to going into water? Want to install and use it this weekend.

Thanks

liquid_acid
07-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Got mine today as well. Going to put it on tomorrow evening and hopefully it's set for Saturday. Anyone got and info on setting time?

mikenehrkorn
07-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Is that info not in the instructions and/or their website?

VegasJay
07-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Not that I have seen. Nothing in their FAQ at least.

mikenehrkorn
07-18-2014, 08:23 AM
I would think that 24 hrs would be more than enough.

In case it might help, I was talking with Joe Norton ([email protected]) last year when I got mine and he was very responsive to my emails -- maybe you could give him a try.

kaneboats
07-18-2014, 08:42 AM
I got it wet the next day. We're on our 5th season with it and no part has even begun to come loose. I would park in the sun for 2 hrs if you are worried. Use good pressure on it after you apply as I'm pretty sure that's what activates the adhesive.

BGeorge01
07-18-2014, 08:51 AM
I used mine 3 days after I put it on. Still going strong 1 1/2 years.

VegasJay
07-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Just spoke with James at seadek. He said with proper install, there really is no need for standard set time. Can use it same day in the water. Hope he is right , lol.

secondsupra2004
11-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Old thread, but I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. My 04' Launch SS had the black pad that was getting all over my boat. Installed a new custom pad from Aquamarine for $300.00. Fit great and it looks great. Trying to upload pic, but won't load. Maybe file too large?

bkearney
11-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Old thread, but I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. My 04' Launch SS had the black pad that was getting all over my boat. Installed a new custom pad from Aquamarine for $300.00. Fit great and it looks great. Trying to upload pic, but won't load. Maybe file too large?

I did the same for an '03 LSV, ordered from gatorstep. Looked great, then I sold my boat. Seems like the wrong order :)

Turbinesurgeon
11-12-2019, 12:44 AM
I did the same for an '03 LSV, ordered from gatorstep. Looked great, then I sold my boat. Seems like the wrong order :)

Wait a sec. are you saying the order should be to sell the boat and then order the pad? [emoji2]

bkearney
11-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Wait a sec. are you saying the order should be to sell the boat and then order the pad? [emoji2]

If the new owner pays for it, sure! The funny part of the sale is that we ended up getting $20 dolalrs in toll charges when the new owner took the boat home from the dealer.

jimmsch
05-18-2020, 06:58 PM
Gator Step has everything for Moomba boats custom fitted. I just did my entire floor, or rather I had Zandar, my 10 year old son do it. The thread has a picture. Doe to them having the pieces already custom cut I think it is a no brainer.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35107-Gator-Step-Installed