PDA

View Full Version : Skiing behind an 06' Mobius LSV

jwest2000
03-28-2006, 10:16 AM
How's the skiing behind the 06' Mobius LSV? I'm a wakeboarder but my father wants to ski behind my boat, my boats not due in until end of May so right now I'm just gathering info.

jwest2000
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Your right:)

JoeTechie
03-28-2006, 11:28 AM
At above 30 MPH, with the wakeplate at about 85% down, the wake is very nice. Ballast bags empty also. If you have more than 2 people and one is willing to ride the bow, that also improves the wake slightly. Above 34 it gets even better, but I'm not an above 34 mph skier. There is still a noticable but rounded bump, and it will never be as good as a direct drive smaller boat, but it is more than skiable for recreation and intermediate skiers. Strangest for me was the width of the wake - the boat is pretty darn wide and it puts the wake farther out then I was used too on previous boats. Coming from outboards which are amazingly fast and at speed do not put up a large wake I'd say this is about the same size, but the torque and ability of the LSV is unrivaled. There is none of that feel in the boat when the skier digs hard to get back across wake after a bouy.... it just sluffs it off like the skier is not there!

hope this helps,

Joe

Wakesurfer
05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for that great guestion! I will get my 06 outback V wednesday and wondering if i would be better off with a 06 Mobius LS for slalom skiing at 32 to 34 MPH. Mobius is bigger and heavier.

Any thoughts?

Tow Daddy
08-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I have a 04 LSV it is just about the same boat your are getting. I am the father of kids the board and I ski, at 33 to 35 it is a very nice wake to ski. I ski with a 67 HO and I can cut and burn with no problems. I'm 220lbs and pulls me up ok.

Have fun