PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone riding?

beej77r
04-28-2014, 09:39 PM
So I am in the market at getting a more aggressive board. I currently purchased the LF Fish, last year when i bought the boat. It is a good beginner board, but with just one session in this year, I feel the board is SO SLOW!! I tried pumping and pumping to get the damn thing to go... but was wearing myself out...
Just curious to see what everyone else is riding.

Been looking at Phase 5 Boards and Inland Surfer... Any thoughts??? and Good bad Experience with a certain brand?

Brayden
04-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Im rollin with a soul craft ...love the board! very fast...I have however thought of going with a phase 5 skim board.

kaneboats
04-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Phase 5 and IS make great stuff. Lots of us like TripleX too -- watch for great deals on them on ebay.

mmandley
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
So I am in the market at getting a more aggressive board. I currently purchased the LF Fish, last year when i bought the boat. It is a good beginner board, but with just one session in this year, I feel the board is SO SLOW!! I tried pumping and pumping to get the damn thing to go... but was wearing myself out...
Just curious to see what everyone else is riding.

Been looking at Phase 5 Boards and Inland Surfer... Any thoughts??? and Good bad Experience with a certain brand?

If you have a local shop you can demo a board through thats the best option.

My general rule is if I cant pick a board up 1 handed and hold it single handed without a fear of dropping it then its too slow.

Just like everything in the Speed World the heavier it is the slower it is.

I personally ride custom made Soul Craft boards,
I also have a Doomswell board,
Inland Surfer Skim
CWB Ride
Liquid Force Venture

They are ranked in the order listed
My favorite over the shelf boards are Inland Surfer, and XXX

bergermaister
04-29-2014, 03:49 PM
My favorite over the shelf boards are Inland Surfer, and XXX

Agreed. I have yet to ride a high dollar or custom board but these are my favs and don't cost an arm and a leg.

sandm
04-29-2014, 07:25 PM
soulcraft all the way.... ;)

but off the shelf, I have a ph5 daniello pro, is 4skim, ronix koal and a cwb ride. in no particular order..

dillinle
04-29-2014, 09:52 PM
recently bought a Obrien Nalu Carbon pro It is extremely light and seemed to be very quick in the limited time I rode it (water was 54°)

Tkosleded
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Any feed back on ronix

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge

sandm
05-01-2014, 07:50 PM
koal is nice, but the soulcraft is much faster. koal is heavier and not as fast down the line.
good "for the masses" board.

surfstyle..

beej77r
05-05-2014, 03:56 AM
We ended up test riding the Phase5 Diamond... liked it alot. Ended up going with that.