PDA

View Full Version : Is this 01 Mobius a good deal?

Crittr
04-22-2014, 08:40 PM
I found an 01 mobius today for 11500.
It looks to be in great condition, but has 1500 wakeboarding hours on it.
Factory tower, wakeplate, new steering cable, any damaged upholstery has been professionally redone.
Minor scratches in the decal area...
Thoughts...?

bergermaister
04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I would do a full water test - run it through it's paces. Then when it's back on the trailer do another inspection inside and out. I haven't had any issues with my 2001 but I don't even have a third the hours that one does. I know another older 2000-2001 on here had some issues with a crack in the hull that kept coming back.

Take a look under the seat supports for any cracking or splitting or separating. I do have a little of that in my bow but know that is from too much ballast on the playpen cushions (which I doubt this one has). Also how are the plastics holding up? That is something that you probably won't be able to find replacements for... Windshield edges and frame?

If it was taken care of I'd say 1500 hours is about right for a boat that age - depending perhaps on location.

parrothd
04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Take it for a spin and have a mechanic inspect it, as long as it's been taken care of the hours don't bother me. Just be prepare for maintainace issues, belts, hoses, etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zabooda
04-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Find out when the cord was last packed and engine serviced (i.e. spark plugs replaced, fuel filter) so you have an idea when that servicing will come up. I don't know of any specific issue with that year of boat.

Crittr
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys, we've decided that we would like to have a vdrive if we upgrade from the outback