PDA

View Full Version : Spare some help?

Retirement Fund
05-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I am looking for a spare tire for my trailer. I know the tire size is 225-75-15, but can anyone tell me the size of the 5 lug rim? Also does anyone know where I can pick up a spare cheaply? Thanks!

SpdRacr
05-14-2003, 11:38 PM
I have an '02 Outback LS with Boatmate Single Axle trailer. The bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5. It is the same as some jeep wheels and ford wheels. But these wheels and there backspace will not work. I work at 4 Wheel Parts and we have a line of Pro Comp Wheels called the Chrome Mod. The wheels are 15 x 6 and the right bolt pattern. They look exactly like what came on my trailer. I haven't tried to put it on yet, but I measured the backspace on my trailer, and it is REAL close to the wheel I got. These wheels are fairly inexpensive, around $40 or $50. And you can pic up the cheapest 225x75-15 from discount tire for about $32. My name is Jay, give me a call at work at 281-580-9300, I believe we have one more of these wheels in stock in my warehouse. Let me know if this matches. Also check out www.4wheelparts.com to check out the picture of the wheel.

Retirement Fund
05-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks Jay! I was able to find a used rim and tire at my local tire store for $50. I really appreciate your help on the sizing. Thanks!

Catdog1
05-17-2003, 08:55 AM
RF,

Can you give any more specifics about what vehicle your new rim came from? I need 1 also..

Retirement Fund
05-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm not really sure. The guy at the tire store tried about 10 different rims before we found one that fit. The trailer has a larger than normal size hub. Since he was just pulling them out of storage I have no idea what kinda vehicle it came off of. Sorry.

Troy0501
05-19-2003, 08:30 AM
I found an exact match to the other 2 wheels on the trailer for the spare through NTB. The wheel cost aprox $50 and then i purchased a spare mount through Overton's which mounts to the trailer. Add some chrome locking lug nuts so no one lifts your wheels while your out on the water!!
NTB is owned by Sears so im pretty sure its nationwide