PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Flow Surf Available for 2006 and Newer LSVs

1danlay
04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
http://www.activeh2o.com/wordpress/moomba-flow-surf-now-available-on-2006-lsv-and-newer/

xBabyJesus
04-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Any word on mounting this to XLV?

wolfeman131
04-23-2014, 05:41 PM
NO is the only word I think you're going to hear. Sorry.

mikenehrkorn
04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Still hoping that word is not NO for us OBV owners...

2013 Outback V
2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

wolfeman131
04-23-2014, 08:23 PM
From what I know, the word for OBV owners is "later."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boonejeepin
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
NO is the only word I think you're going to hear. Sorry.

Boo!!!!!!!!

jmvotto
04-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Any word on mounting this to XLV?

Call customer service and ask, the more who ask they may do a retrofit, the shape of the hull can't be all that different from the lsv... Plus the xlv is the monster on the lake .... I would love to surf it with 2 1100 in the rear and 1200 in the basement, with no tilt and see what she throws....

Us X owners with continue on....

Boonejeepin
04-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Call customer service and ask, the more who ask they may do a retrofit, the shape of the hull can't be all that different from the lsv... Plus the xlv is the monster on the lake .... I would love to surf it with 2 1100 in the rear and 1200 in the basement, with no tilt and see what she throws....

I'm with you!

wolfeman131
04-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Obviously, PWI

jmvotto
04-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Obviously, PWI

Touché .......

costanza
05-13-2014, 06:23 PM
has anyone tried this on LSV yet??? Is it worth getting, or just do the usual throwing around of weight? It's hard to get a yay or a nay for the flow on any of the boats it seems so far. I have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to get it installed before my boat is delivered this year...

rdlangston13
05-19-2014, 12:39 AM
So on the topic of surfing we surfed the LSV this weekend and the wave had a TON of push. More than I remember it having. We have the stock 400 in the ski locker full, stock 400 on the starboard side full, IBS full, a 400 on the seats behind the drive and a 400 in the floor behind the drive plus 2 people sitting on the surf side. I was able to ride pretty far back and just hang out there, never been able to ride 6+ ft (maybe father) off the platform before

Sent from my iPhone

rca
05-19-2014, 09:45 AM
You've got to come with us and see what 1100s in the rear and a couple of 350s on the seats is like, plus the center and IBS.

rdlangston13
05-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Well hopefully next year we can get the reversible system and some 750s (I don't care to have to reinforce the rear lockers) in the back! But yeah one day the stars and schedules will all
align and we will be able to check that out!

Sent from my iPhone

kaneboats
05-19-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't think you have to reinforce to run a 750. That's what I run. Now the 1100 is a different story.

rca
05-19-2014, 09:20 PM
I haven't reinforced the 1100s yet and I just crossed 300 hours. A little warping, but not much.

Boonejeepin
05-19-2014, 11:24 PM
I haven't reinforced the 1100s yet and I just crossed 300 hours. A little warping, but not much.

I never had any issues. Just a little bowing but not bad.

chadjitsu1
05-29-2014, 12:38 PM
So on the topic of surfing we surfed the LSV this weekend and the wave had a TON of push. More than I remember it having. We have the stock 400 in the ski locker full, stock 400 on the starboard side full, IBS full, a 400 on the seats behind the drive and a 400 in the floor behind the drive plus 2 people sitting on the surf side. I was able to ride pretty far back and just hang out there, never been able to ride 6+ ft (maybe father) off the platform before
Sent from my iPhone

Ok so I am bringing this conversation back from the dead. Your example of using the flow is the exact reason I would not buy it. According to the advertising you should just be able to fill both sides evenly and lower the gate and have a beautiful surf wake. It looks like you bought the Flow and still have to put bags on the seats and mess around with shifting people. I am doing that now and have a great wake to surf, I need to better understand if this is worth the money and if the surf wake will be the same weighted evenly with the Flow as it is without the flow and weighted all on one side.

I currently run 1100's in the rear lockers, 400 in the ski locker, and IBS. I usually fill one side all the way up and the other with maybe 300 pounds in it and have everyone sit on the weighted side as close to the front of the boat as possible.

I have no issue dropping $1200.00 on this thing if I can evenly weight out the boat, but I would be very upset if I bought it and the wake wasn't as good as listing the boat to one side. I know this is the Moomba forum and I may be in the wrong forum asking for a honest answer on this but I figured this is where all the surf junkies hang so why not try to get the real story.

BTW I love the boat and love the brand, just want to avoid my perception changing after dropping 1200 on something that wasnt really worth it.

sivs1
05-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Well said, kinda what I was thinking as well. $1200 is decent cash that go to some other mod if it's not going to change things. When I first saw this I thought that would be cool to get, but am in the same boat as you, will it really make a difference?

mmandley
05-29-2014, 02:40 PM
To clear it up, Langston doesn't have the Flow. I don't think anyone on the forum has the Flow on the LSV.

I can speak to it on the Mojo but we have threads for that.

parrothd
05-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm waiting for someone else to buy it and see if it's worth it. From what I've heard from the mondo thread it doesn't sound worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

chadjitsu1
05-29-2014, 04:34 PM
To clear it up, Langston doesn't have the Flow. I don't think anyone on the forum has the Flow on the LSV.

I can speak to it on the Mojo but we have threads for that.

I might have misunderstood his post then, why would he comment in the thread about how his wake has more push from further back if he didn't put it on yet. Just in case anyone from Moomba is reading this, I live really close to Atlanta Marine and would be willing to be an advocate for this device if you hook me up :) I would love to try it but I just done know if it works and no one else seems to know either.

nitrodude24
05-29-2014, 06:44 PM
I bought my 14 LSV the April 27 from Atlanta Marine Heidi told me the Flow was gone release the first week of May. I almost waited a couple weeks and was gone have them retro it on my boat but apparently it hasnt released yet. Its still on preorder on activewake so Im not sure its out yet. I ve upgraded the ballast on my boat and have a decent wave with a good amount of push but I would love the ability to evenly weight the boat for better handling. But I want to see it on a boat and hear how it does now as I am a little skeptical from some guys mojo and mondo feedback.

kriley
05-29-2014, 08:17 PM
I am going to be the first I guess - I am going to Atlanta Marine tomorrow to see when it can get put on! It will be worth it to me not to have to carry another three Ballast bags and have them all over the boat. I have finally got the wave dialed in - guess I can go through another learning process!! I will let you know...

mmandley
05-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I might have misunderstood his post then, why would he comment in the thread about how his wake has more push from further back if he didn't put it on yet. Just in case anyone from Moomba is reading this, I live really close to Atlanta Marine and would be willing to be an advocate for this device if you hook me up :) I would love to try it but I just done know if it works and no one else seems to know either.

Yea IDK and Dave isn't much of a Surf guy.

From what I can say for my MOJO the Flow is worth it if your mainly Regular rider.

Does it work great with Factory bags? Not on the Mojo.
The LSV if you have the 650s then I think it might really help.
Will you need an IBS? Yes I think so.

Goofy wave is another animal, on the MOJO if I ran both sides weighted evenly like they say, Goofy won't clean up. If I run 1/2 weight on Reg with my Goofy side then Yes it will clean up.

Claudia prefers we run full ballast like we did last year and weight only Goofy side, we still deploy the Flow and it helps the wave.

From my LSV and Goofy it takes apx 400 more pounds under the seat behind the driver to really bring that wave to a good length, will the Flow do that? Hard to say on the LSV because no one can confirm or deny.

What I will go on a stretch to say is the FLOW will work a ton better with the LSV and lower weights, or close to factory baggage, with an IBS of course. This is because the boat required less weight then my Mojo to get comparable waves.

If I had my LSV right now, I would be in line to get the FLOW.

chadjitsu1
05-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Yea IDK and Dave isn't much of a Surf guy.

From what I can say for my MOJO the Flow is worth it if your mainly Regular rider.

Does it work great with Factory bags? Not on the Mojo.
The LSV if you have the 650s then I think it might really help.
Will you need an IBS? Yes I think so.

Goofy wave is another animal, on the MOJO if I ran both sides weighted evenly like they say, Goofy won't clean up. If I run 1/2 weight on Reg with my Goofy side then Yes it will clean up.

Claudia prefers we run full ballast like we did last year and weight only Goofy side, we still deploy the Flow and it helps the wave.

From my LSV and Goofy it takes apx 400 more pounds under the seat behind the driver to really bring that wave to a good length, will the Flow do that? Hard to say on the LSV because no one can confirm or deny.

What I will go on a stretch to say is the FLOW will work a ton better with the LSV and lower weights, or close to factory baggage, with an IBS of course. This is because the boat required less weight then my Mojo to get comparable waves.

If I had my LSV right now, I would be in line to get the FLOW.

Thats really good feedback thanks Mike. I am running the 1100's in the back now and I just switch form one side to the other depending on the rider preference. I always have the IBS full and the locker full no matter what I'm doing, the boat needs a ton of weight in the nose well a half ton I guess to be accurate.

Kriley, when are we going out on the lake together so I can check out that new Flow your about to get installed. I'll let you be the guinea pig and if its awesome I will buy it too. It sounds like we have a willing participant here on lake lanier.

kriley
05-30-2014, 06:03 AM
chadjitsu1 - we need to meet up one day on Lanier! I am extremely happy with the wave I get currently but I am tired of moving sacks around the boat. From what Drew told me I will get a longer cleaner wave with out the hassle I have now.

dcmitch43
06-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Has anyone used the Flow yet? I have an 07 LSV with the gravity III system and haven't swapped out any bags yet. I was planning on adding alot of weight to the boat for better surfing. I know with this system I will still have to add weight but will i have to add as much and is it worth the $1200 bucks or will i be better off spending that on bags?

DCMitch43
07 Moomba Mobius LSV

MI-LSV
07-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Just had the "Flow" installed on my 08 LSV. Be aware that the older swim platform will not fit once you have the flow installed. I had to push it out about an inch to get it on the boat, even after doing this the Flow is not able to be place in the "Stored" position.

Testing out the flow, no pictures yet, and ended up getting squirrelly water off the platform. It appears to lengthen the wave, but will need to surf it to know for sure. Had ~700 at the bow, and ~600 in each rear bag.

Currently have a new swim platform on order, so add the cost of a new swim platform to the cost of the flow if you are installing on an older LSV.

parrothd
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Just had the "Flow" installed on my 08 LSV. Be aware that the older swim platform will not fit once you have the flow installed. I had to push it out about an inch to get it on the boat, even after doing this the Flow is not able to be place in the "Stored" position.

Testing out the flow, no pictures yet, and ended up getting squirrelly water off the platform. It appears to lengthen the wave, but will need to surf it to know for sure. Had ~700 at the bow, and ~600 in each rear bag.

Currently have a new swim platform on order, so add the cost of a new swim platform to the cost of the flow if you are installing on an older LSV.

You can make a platform, I just got my sheet of HDPE 1x24x48...$144 with shipping..

Let me know how the flow works, been waiting to see how it works on the LSV...

https://www.interstateplastics.com/Hdpe-Natural-Sheet-HDPNE.php?sku=HDPNE&vid=201406161342-2p-C201407071524-1&dim2=24&dim3=48&thickness=1.000&qty=1&recalculate.x=116&recalculate.y=18

jstenger
07-08-2014, 11:05 PM

Can you please post a pic from inside the rear locker showing what the hardware looks like on the inside if there is any? Thanks.

ninedriver
07-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Just curious, but if you removed the little handle from the flow "blade" will it clear the swim platform? Looks like it could still be operated by pinching the "blade" to move it.

mikenehrkorn
07-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Too bad the handle isn't removable, that would be a simple solution.

Anybody hear if the Flow is available for the OBV yet?

MI-LSV
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Here is the pic from in the rear locker.

Only has two nuts that are exposed.

MI-LSV
07-14-2014, 04:41 PM
The handle can be removed, and would be able to fold up. Looked at doing this, but did not find a suitable replacement yet.

jstenger
07-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the pic. How is the FLOW working out?

mikenehrkorn
07-14-2014, 04:54 PM

Are there only two bolts holding it on or are there 4 and the other two are below the locker level?

jstenger
07-15-2014, 11:21 AM
The handle can be removed, and would be able to fold up. Looked at doing this, but did not find a suitable replacement yet.
We need surf pics and a review!!!!!!!!!!!

nitrodude24
07-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Yes we do!!

jstenger
07-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Take a look at the LSV Flow. They added another spring pin on the bottom and more holes in the plate. Looks like more than just 3 settings now. I had heard that it really changes the wave when it is spun all the way around to the bottom. More of a bottom effect than a side effect.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/Joestenger/LSVFlow2.jpg (http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Joestenger/media/LSVFlow2.jpg.html)

mmandley
07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
That's interesting. I have tried running mine way past the 3 position and it didn't work so well for me.

I would think pulling it all the way down like that is just adding more drag to make the wave taller, Would be interesting for you to get some videos.

1 With the flow in each position 1,2,3
2 With the Flow all the way down like that.

Then you can watch them and really compare the differences.

Also to remove the handle you should have 2 screws flush mounted on the back side, Then I would take a bolt and nuts and just put it in the plate and allow adjustment. That should clear your swim deck.

In the long run though I think you will need to get the Surf style swim deck because in a recent video we took I can see how the surf deck is actually helping create the wave, or at least its not hindering it since we run so much weight.

slipperyrockTKE300
07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Can you guys with the flow post up some detailed photos of this thing - and from several angles?

wolfeman131
07-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Mike,

I think some are actually spinning it all the way around on the surf side and setting off side as you currently are to replicate the SWELL.

jstenger
07-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Mike,

I think some are actually spinning it all the way around on the surf side and setting off side as you currently are to replicate the SWELL.
Wow. I didn't even think about copying the SWELL. That might just work. I can't wait to install mine.

mmandley
07-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Mike,

So deploy the Surf side all the way down?
Deploy your non surf side as normal?

< Mind Blown >

wolfeman131
07-15-2014, 09:57 PM
That's the thought.

I tried it, but didn't really get it to spin down as far as I thought it should go and it seemed to make the wave washy. I only tried it one time and didn't mess around with it too much. In theory, it sounds like it will work.

saskyrider
07-17-2014, 11:19 AM
This is really interesting... im gonna try this today!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mmandley
07-17-2014, 11:30 AM
This is really interesting... im gonna try this today!!

If it works, get a regular deploy pic and an all the way down pic so we can see the wave, I tried it a while ago but like Drew I just got wash.

saskyrider
07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
If it works, get a regular deploy pic and an all the way down pic so we can see the wave, I tried it a while ago but like Drew I just got wash.

Will do... I am taking my nephews and nieces out today so it will be mainly a tubing and kneeboarding day today

MI-LSV
07-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Take a look at the LSV Flow. They added another spring pin on the bottom and more holes in the plate. Looks like more than just 3 settings now. I had heard that it really changes the wave when it is spun all the way around to the bottom. More of a bottom effect than a side effect.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/Joestenger/LSVFlow2.jpg (http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Joestenger/media/LSVFlow2.jpg.html)

Ok to answer the many questions. The FLOW for the LSV is different than the Mojo. The LSV's is only deployed down, not to the side. Different hull, different spot to create the wave.

There are only three positions to lock it in, and the pic is with it in the first position.

MI-LSV
07-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Here are the pics of the wave.

This is with 750's in the back filled only 3/4. Ski locker 400 filled 3/4, and 400 in the walkway filled, wake plate up.
Pocket was larger than when running the 750 filled surf side, 400 under the seats surf side, Ski locker 400 filled 3/4, and 400 in the walkway filled, wake plate 3/4 up. Wave seemed just as big.

Big bonus to the FLOW. The boat was not listing. When coming around to pick up the surfer, boat was controllable, just like when setup for wake boarding.

With the original swim platform installed and pushed out to make room for the flow, it seems to be messing up the wave, creating all sorts of roster tails. Waiting on the new platform, so hopefully this will clean up the wave even further.

So far very happy with the investment. Moomba needs to include some sort of reminder flag to put on the steering wheel that the FLOW is deployed. Forgot to put it up when done surfing. Luckly we were just cruising around slowly and never got over 10, but it was putting out a good wave.

Will try to post comparison images tomorrow.

jstenger
07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Please post Goofy waves also. Thanks.

wolfeman131
07-21-2014, 06:14 PM
I forgot to put the flow back up one time. No need for any kind of indicator light as the 10' water streaming straight up caught everyone's attention very quickly.

saskyrider
07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I forgot to put the flow back up one time. No need for any kind of indicator light as the 10' water streaming straight up caught everyone's attention very quickly.

I did this yesterday!!! All the kids were yelling at me and laughing. ..

kdcdds
07-22-2014, 02:58 PM
I will let you know. I have 2 1100's ordered. I will also post a photo and/or video once they are installed

MI-LSV
07-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Here is a pic of ballast on surf side(left), and balanced boat with the FLOW(right).

jstenger
07-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Here is a pic of ballast on surf side(left), and balanced boat with the FLOW(right).

Is this pic taken from the river that feeds Lake Macatawa?

MI-LSV
07-23-2014, 03:40 PM
No, these are from the St. Joseph River.

Fifty+
07-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Hi all. I had flow installed on my 2012 LSV. Here are my findings after 2 weeks of surfing and experimenting. All of this is for goofy side surfing but expect it to be no different for regular side.

I have found the best position for the plate is rotated down so it hits bottom pin but not locked in place into one of the three position holes. I've tried this with various ballast configs and always this is the best position.
Even with no ballast at all this gets an ok surf wave. My son rides it no prob. But it gets better.
Best combo is plate in that position and front ballast 80-100% full. I put my passenger in the bow - right side. With just driver and Passenger in bow - need no more than no more than 300-500 lbs on right side and 150-200 on left side. This combo gives us a big clean rolling wave with the wake plate in the bow up position. Moving the wakeplate to the bow down position lengthens out the pocket nicely.
I found that too much ballast makes the wave less clean.

The above combo works outstanding. Love it.