PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 2001 or newer Moomba in CANADA

Big-K
03-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey i am interested in a 2001 or newer moomba under the $30,000(cdn) mark. and is located in Canada

lets see what you got

Thanks

potenza
03-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Big-K.

I spent about 2 years trying to find a used moomba in Canada. Mainly Ontario. I never really had any luck. On any used inboard for that matter. Because there is not a lot of used inboards in Ontario the prices are relatively high for what you get. Check trader.ca. You can bring one up from the U.S. then you have to deal with taxes, exchange rates, duty, going and picking it up and such. for $5000 more you can probably get into a new outback. Also with a new boat you can usualy get a better finance term or rate from the bank. If you are going to finance the boat the diference between a new boat and a used boat is about $50/ month. for that you get to pick your own options and color choice. Thats what I did. Let me know if you want a referal to a dealership in Ontario.

Big-K
03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey,

thanks for the info on that, i already found some dealers for moomba all across canada and and currently phoneing and finding out what i can get and so on.

thanks alot for the input

Smrtz
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Call Muskoka Lakes Marine,

Now is the time. Ask for Morgan. He told me that 80% the trade in's come in as soon as the ice breaks up. So give him a buzz let him know what you are looking for he will let you know when something comes in that matches what you are looking for.

schlepper
03-29-2006, 11:05 AM
I live in Manitoba and brought one up from the US. It is so easy, and there are so many down there. Waterski Magazine has an issue on how to buy a used tourament boat and their tips were awesome.....check out their archive for back-issues. Exchange rate are netter than they have been in 20 years. As long as you buy from a land-locked state....salt water becomes less of a concern. My 2001 Outback had 40 orginal hours on it (with dealer records to prove it) and came complete with trailer and a bunch of accessories and I landed it after all conversions for $22K Can (plus the trip cost). Go to www.boattrader.com......key in your parameters and start calling.....that's what I did. Shipping a boat is approx $1/mile but depending on where you are....it may be easier to just head south for a trip and pick it up yourself. I did that b/c I actually test drove the boat and had a local mechanic inspect it. Both me and my neighbour at the lake have done this and seen great benefit. Canadian dealers are caught in a two-step distribution process.....so you as a Canadian consumer get stung. The US dealers buy direct from the manufacturer (no distributors in the middle). The only fees you pay are GST, PST and $100 RIV fee for the trailer. Due to NAFTA, there is no duty (as they are manufactured in TN). So head South my friend.

freyse
03-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Just brought my new 05 Outback back from Fargo ,yeh it is easy bringing boats back and the dough you can save .Living in Saskatchewan limits the amount of ski and wake board boats a guy can buy.Would highly recommend looking south for a boat .

Big-K
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
hey folks, just wondering if you could throw out a estimate for a 2001 model and up outback would cost from a dealer in Canada or US, and a factory dicrect price for a newer model outback. just a base price would be nice and helpful

thanks alot

potenza
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
You can build on on the moomba site. For canadian pricing just use a curency converter.
http://www.xe.com/uc

cdnfooter
04-14-2006, 01:13 AM
what part of canada are you from?

Big-K
04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
i live in Nova Scotia.

thanks alot for all the info guys, really helped out in looking for a boat, really appreciate it.

Happy Boating

jj29ca
05-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Did you get a new boat yet?