PDA

View Full Version : cleaners

motosno963
04-18-2014, 04:10 PM
It's that time of year again, I'm on bakesonline.com and I'm going to order some cleaning supplys for the boat. I'm leaning towards babes, they have a kit with everthing for 95$. There is also boat bling and boat candy. I was wondering what Yall used and what Yall think as well. I see there is a new product called z-care that cleans everything and leaves a polymer coating, and also a bilge cleaner that's also environmentally safe. I was wondering if anyone used this as well. Im thinking about picking up a bottle since my bilge needs it haha

sivs1
04-18-2014, 04:37 PM
I have used Babe's on my Stingray and so far continued use on the LSV. I use 3m to wax it by hand a couple times a year, Babe's is great after each time out on the water, keeps the hull looking good. Babe's Seat Soap does a great job too. Have not used the boat wash that comes in the kit.

motosno963
04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
i texted mike and he uses the hot sauce by boat bling and he loves it..ill have to see what one will be cheaper then

Summersled
04-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Check out biokleen they make marine, snowmobile and atv stuff. Used for a few years now and does a great job

jrobb
04-18-2014, 09:27 PM
i have used the boat bling hot sauce when i take the boat out of the water and it works pretty well. For wax i think 3m works the best and the seats i use 303 aerospace protectant it works great and leaves a uv protections on the interior. YOu can also use it on the gel coat to do a quick shine and protect.

motosno963
04-18-2014, 09:30 PM
i was thinking that hot sauce and then after it dries ill go over it with the 303

Boonejeepin
04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Do you get tough hard water spots? If so Hot Sauce rocks!

motosno963
04-19-2014, 12:11 AM
not really..i have the black mildew more then anything..i have tried the starbrite mildew cleaner and its ok

Cigars n scotch
04-19-2014, 06:14 PM
I use boat bling products and have been really happy for the last 3 yrs. hot sauce. Vinyl sauce and conditioner sauce. All work great for my boat.

I have that black mildew in the seams under my lockers and engine hatch near the blower fans, I need to clean it.

uniwarking
04-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Performance boat candy products are solid as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGeorge01
04-20-2014, 08:55 AM
^^^2nd that. Got them last summer and it's good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Guy
04-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Yup PBC products have been great! I want to try something different on the vinyl thou. There hull products are amazing thou.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

millerda68
04-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Historically I have used the Babes products and have been happy. The boat was stored outdoors (covered) this last winter and I have some mildew to clean up. I am not sure if Babes will cut it or not, I will let you know once I give it a shot later today.

millerda68
04-26-2014, 04:55 PM
I was able to get about 90% of it with Simple Green. It and Babes were about the same. Since I had more Simple Green I used that. I had a brush that I used on some of it (the harder spots). They lightened up, but are not completely gone yet. I will try something a little stronger once I can get the boat out, opened up, and let it air out for a day. Right now it is still raining on and off and crappy out. Mike suggested some Peroxide. I tried, but did not get any different results than what I did with the Babes or Simple Green.

Tkosleded
04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
I use spraynine on everything it is amazing

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge

Tkosleded
04-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Got the new to me boat home and cleaned, the spray nine worked great on everything but some yellowing on the vinyl any ideas on this

VA LSV
04-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Totally Awesome works great and can't beat the price at the dollar store.

mmandley
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Got the new to me boat home and cleaned, the spray nine worked great on everything but some yellowing on the vinyl any ideas on this

I have found sometimes after you lean the boat to just let it sit in the sun. I have had spots that I cleaned and cleaned and could still see slight imperfections. Left it in the sun for a day and they where gone.