PDA

View Full Version : Pier protection/bumpers

JeffCook3
04-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Curious as to what some of you use to protect you boat when it is parked on your pier. We have a fixed wooden dock and I need to add protection to it. Water doesn't get too rough, but it can when someone cuts loose in the pocket of water we are in. With the new boat, I would like to get out of having to toss bumpers every time dock. Optiona are lining to top edge with some sort of edge protection or adding vertical runners with some kind of protection added to them... Going to try to keep the mojo scratch free.

jpetty3023
04-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Brian's balls all the way

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

maxpower220
04-18-2014, 09:22 AM
If you are going to use it a lot, I recommend getting whips Then use the top edging and vertical bumpers you referred to.

I had a lift where the boat was most of the time and lined the dock with edging at the top and at the water line. It was only there to load and unload people/things. I was also in a "no wake" zone.

papou
04-18-2014, 09:23 AM
If it's your dock why not use Mooring whips,your boat will never touch the dock . I've used them for two years before I got a lift ,bumpers will scuff the hull in long periods of time .

New Guy
04-18-2014, 04:16 PM
For you guys with the morning whips how did they do in rough water, 1-3 foot waves? My inlaws have a place on a large lake that can often get rough and I do not want the boat banging against the dock.