PDA

View Full Version : IBS ballast instal kit

Sharpshooter
04-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Wake makers offers a install kit for the IBS bag(Moomba Piggyback Front Factory Ballast Upgrade (2013-2014)) has anyone tried this and if so was it total plug and play

2013 Moomba LSV

marman
05-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Just installed this on my Mondo yesterday. I am actually cruising the forum looking for a few instructions for adding a check valve. The kit didn't come with one and from what I have been reading it helps with draining the IBS completely flat. It works ok but the IBS had a little water left in it after it went through the empty cycle.

The install was pretty straight forward. It was a little tough working in that small compartment under the helm. Because of the small work areas, I ended up cutting the pipe's a couple of times because I didn't want to go too short the first go around.

uniwarking
05-17-2014, 08:25 AM
I just did mine as well, was pretty simple. Getting the fittings on the lines is a bit of a chore but from start to finish it will take you less than 20 minutes.

I've not had the chance to try mine out yet but the guys at wakemakers said a check valve isn't needed. It would help empty the bag some but it would also slow down the emptying a great deal.

The plug and play kits for the rear also work great, I installed the 900's in my Mojo.

marman
05-17-2014, 08:48 AM
I just did mine as well, was pretty simple. Getting the fittings on the lines is a bit of a chore but from start to finish it will take you less than 20 minutes.

I've not had the chance to try mine out yet but the guys at wakemakers said a check valve isn't needed. It would help empty the bag some but it would also slow down the emptying a great deal.

The plug and play kits for the rear also work great, I installed the 900's in my Mojo.

I got the 900's as well. Are they flexing the walls a bit in the lockers? I wonder if the mojo has more room than the mondo back there. I guess it will be ok. I ended up taking a little pressure off the bag each time for piece of mind.

uniwarking
05-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Have not had mine out to test yet :( Wakemakers said they are really about the same as the 1100's in that space so I'm sure they'll flex the walls and they'll need some beefing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk