PDA

View Full Version : OEM Carpet - How to order?

uniwarking
04-13-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best way to get a piece of OEM carpet. I need a small piece for above my footrest in the helm area. I built a custom sub enclosure and I and was hoping I could reuse the piece there but it turns out they use some good adhesive... and about 300 staples. It's just the standard gray stuff.

I thought about checking the local shops but I'd like a good match and equal quality.

Thanks!

sandm
04-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I went to a local shop and got an exact match for the grey that was in the supra. dealer could order as well but the minimum was way less at the shop and I get a sense that the dealer was simply going to order from a carpet supplier.

uniwarking
04-14-2014, 10:50 AM
I'll have to see what the local places have... I'm in Iowa so there probably isn't a lot of demand for marine carpet... Although I'm sure I could find some gray outdoor carpet.

Was it a carpet shop you went to or a big box home improvement store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
upholstery shop for cars or a smaller local fabric wholesaler. larger like joanns I've stayed away from.. they will have sample boards just like a carpet store that they can match up to you. it's ordered by the yard from a wholesaler. I believe the last time I bought it, seems that I paid $40 for 2 yards shipped. it's kinda expensive that way..

uniwarking
04-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Well, the nice people at Moomba helped me figure out some details on carpet. For reference, the type of carpet in my boat (and many others I believe) is Syntec Aggressor 160 (16oz) Gunmetal Gray.

Lucky for me, I was able to find a seller on eBay... total spent = $17 :)

sandm
04-15-2014, 07:46 AM
good info..

kaneboats
04-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Well, the nice people at Moomba helped me figure out some details on carpet. For reference, the type of carpet in my boat (and many others I believe) is Syntec Aggressor 160 (16oz) Gunmetal Gray.

Lucky for me, I was able to find a seller on eBay... total spent = $17 :)

Nice shopping. I used the floor carpet from my rear lockers. Replaced with a padded floor that I can spray off much easier and dries quicker.