PDA

View Full Version : Oil coming out exhaust????

patrick232
04-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Finally have time to get our new Mondo ready for some time on the water. After loading her up last night with boards and safety equipment I had moved hera second time in the driveway. At first I thought the kids sprayed cleaner on the driveway. But on closer inspection it was oil. The wake plate was covered along with the prop guard on the trailer with oil. Will pull cover in am and check the flyids can't call the dealer till Monday. Any ideas???

smitty75
04-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Could you tell what color or type of oil it was? Hydraulic from the wake plate or maybe overfill from the v-drive? I had some in the belly of my 21v this spring, but all fluid levels were spot on and nothing was dripping from anywhere. I even put paper towels under the engine and v-drive for a week and not a drip. Thinking it was just from the dealer service.

mmandley
04-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Wake plate are not an electric actuator.

You shouldn't have any oil from the exhaust.

Only thing I can think of is Winterization fluid from factory or dealer.

Check the oil level while its on the trailer. Dealer can hook a fake a lake to it and run the engine to test it. Or take it to the lake and fire it up on the trailer see what happens.

brad460
04-12-2014, 09:21 PM
My guess the engine was preserved for storage and it may have been a little oil rich upon start-up and blew out the exhaust...

patrick232
04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Plug is in not from v drive. Knew the wake plate went electric not like the old ones.
As far into the exhaust that I can reach its oily. I'll know more in the am once I take the cover off and check the fluids.

patrick232
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Must have been left over from the double winterization. Boat ran great add I've 2 hours today.