PDA

View Full Version : Boat Stolen in Edmonton....

saskyrider
04-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to share, i know its a Supra but its part of the SC family and if it was me i would be PISSED!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10178108_10153958369235313_819447084_n.jpg

2012 Supra 242 worlds Edition, stolen from in front of a guys house in broad daylight in Edmonton Ab. i saw the link on Facebook.

zabooda
04-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I know it's not as big as a Boeing 777 but someone would have seen it on the move especially this time of year.

mikenehrkorn
04-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Ouch.......was is locked? I never even leave my OBV unlocked (whether in front of my house or not) -- if I owned that boat I would have it locked so many different ways you would need a forklift and a flatbed truck to steal it!!

saskyrider
04-07-2014, 11:35 AM
supposedly it was locked... but in Edmonton its huge oil country and service trucks running around and such... it would take 15 seconds with a torch and they'd be gone! But ya i agree it would be very noticable this time of year!

Cigars n scotch
04-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Sucks to hear. What is the point in stealing a boat? It's not like stealing a car in terms of the "market" I'd imagine, especially a boat like that. Does Canada have registration numbers or anything identifiable like in the US? I noticed no reg numbers on the side.

motosno963
04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
damn. thats ballzy to steal a boat like that haha

saskyrider
04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
we are required to have reg numbers as well,

uniwarking
04-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Some people are just crappy... I hope whoever did it serves some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricU
04-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Sucks to hear. What is the point in stealing a boat? It's not like stealing a car in terms of the "market" I'd imagine, especially a boat like that...

I was wondering the same thing, but I guess they strip the stereo, bags etc, maybe the engine and drive and probably leave a trashed hull.

Then again it wouldn't be that hard to glass another manufacture's transom plate onto the stolen rig.

Fricken PUNKS!

mmandley
04-07-2014, 08:52 PM
I was wondering the same thing, but I guess they strip the stereo, bags etc, maybe the engine and drive and probably leave a trashed hull.

Then again it wouldn't be that hard to glass another manufacture's transom plate onto the stolen rig.

Fricken PUNKS!

That's exactly it, a huge market is growing for boat stuff.
They steal a high end boat. Strip the trailer of wheels brakes leds.
Strip the boat, of everything, engine,drive train, stereo, electronics, windshield, tower, interior.

Then you buy a garbage looking repo, drop all the new gear on it.

Flip it for an extra 15k

Money in the bank and the only time your in jeopardy is when you have the original boat and trailer. Once you dump that nothing is real traceable.

saskyrider
04-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Ya its a large market but way smaller in canada and how do you get that boat across the border? Reported stolen so your dealing juat in canada... amd in alberta there isnt much for lakes either...

Sent from my apple crushin android device

Boonejeepin
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
That's exactly it, a huge market is growing for boat stuff.
They steal a high end boat. Strip the trailer of wheels brakes leds.
Strip the boat, of everything, engine,drive train, stereo, electronics, windshield, tower, interior.

Then you buy a garbage looking repo, drop all the new gear on it.

Flip it for an extra 15k

Money in the bank and the only time your in jeopardy is when you have the original boat and trailer. Once you dump that nothing is real traceable.

You sound too knowledge Mike. Do you know some guys?

On a serious note - Hope they find the Supra soon.

papou
04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Another theory is it will be re vined and detailed as so its not recognizable the trailer will be registered as a home built then it might be sold across the country like in Ontario or Quebec .

cornrickey
04-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Our it was repossessed.

jmvotto
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
More than likely repo in broad daylight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mikey
04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
There are lots of lakes up around the edmonton area. It could end up hidden for awhile then throw some new fake registartion numbers on the side , and throw it in the water and take there chances. We have two major SC dealers up this way that have done some serious Sc volumes over the years and likely its not that original looking. Unless someone gets up real close and actually checks , this could actually happen.
I have a buddy who i thought had an original looking Supra Worlds, Saw him on a local lake one day ,to wheel up beside only to find out it was NOT him or his boat... Coincidentally it was a guy who worked at the same boat dealership they both worked at and at the time of BOTH there Dads ordering boats, Both were identical.

The strip it and sell off parts theory could very well be likely as well.