PDA

View Full Version : Rear compartment separator wall thickness?

bergermaister
04-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/rearcompartment-thickness.jpg

jstenger
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Can anyone get a quick measurement and let me know what the thickness is of the rear compartment wall / separator? (see below) Doesn't really matter what year/model boat you have.

I'm about to rebuild/replace my existing ones that aren't cutting it for the new split cushion sundeck support.

Debating on going with 1/2" vs 3/4". The 1100 bags put a fair amount of stress on it, but then again I'm wondering if going thicker is overkill as these sheets are spendy stuff.

Thanks

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/rearcompartment-thickness.jpg

Walls are 1/2" thick.

bergermaister
04-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.

jstenger
04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Thanks Joe - do they seem beefy enough to you? My old ones are covered with carpet on both sides so it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how thick they are. But I can see they've flexed a little.

If you are sticking with the 1100's, then I would strengthen them with aluminum like others have done on the forum. The 750's in my OBV caused the walls to flex, so I a sure the 1100's will flex more.

cornrickey
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
3/4 is way over kill