PDA

View Full Version : What tunes are you going to have on the boat playlist this year??

kriley
03-29-2014, 08:09 PM
The songs on the I phone and I pod are getting old - kids and wife are getting tired of the same old music - ac/dc and skinnard apparently are not loved by the youth of today... What tunes are you planning to play this 2014 season???
I saw the same type thread on Malibu crew last year - had some good tunes!

tnbrooks01
03-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Kongos
R.L Burnside
Stightly Stoopid
Rebelution
Black Keys
Matt and Kim
Typical house/trap/dubstep mixes

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

TJockey
03-29-2014, 08:32 PM
I feel blessed. My kids don't like a lot of my old rock............. but they love AC/DC. They also like Buffet and Bob Marley.

Sharpshooter
03-30-2014, 11:55 AM
AC/DC
Moonshine Bandits
Colt Ford
Pitbull
Hank Jr
Jamey Johnson
LMFAO
Ozzy
Motley Crüe
Kid Rock
And the list goes on, we listen to alittle bit of anything but rap

2013 Moomba LSV

jester
03-30-2014, 09:18 PM
The songs on the I phone and I pod are getting old - kids and wife are getting tired of the same old music - ac/dc and skinnard apparently are not loved by the youth of today...

Time to trade in the kids for a new set. AC/DC is always on the playlist. I do not know what other songs will show up until my IPod starts playing.

irish-racing
03-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Hands like Houses
AC/DC
Childish Gambino
Bayside

and whatever random crap my wife downloads. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of music. Especially country. I despise country music and she likes it.

patrick232
03-31-2014, 09:49 AM
AC/DC
Moonshine Bandits
Colt Ford
Pitbull
Hank Jr
Jamey Johnson
LMFAO
Ozzy
Motley Crüe
Kid Rock
And the list goes on, we listen to alittle bit of anything but rap

2013 Moomba LSV

Might want to add The Lacs, remindes me of Colt Ford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCNc0AKkARg&feature=kp

rdlangston13
03-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Big truck, big tires, slangin mud to the sky...

Sent from my iPhone

Sharpshooter
03-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Might want to add The Lacs, remindes me of Colt Ford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCNc0AKkARg&feature=kp

Their on the play list

2013 Moomba LSV

sivs1
03-31-2014, 04:26 PM
SiriusXM Jam On. Great tunes for cruising.

Cigars n scotch
04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Their on the play list

2013 Moomba LSV

Reminds me of jawga boyz.

smitty75
04-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Rise against
Samiam
The story so far
And more rise against

And can't forget the Britney Spears and jack Johnson for the wife. Figure if she's willing to put up with me and my friends, she can run the radio for a while.

sicktc06
04-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Jake Owen is a always
-Barefoot Blue Jean Night never gets old
- Summer Jam
-Beachin'
- Pass a beer
Blackjack Billy - Booze Cruise
Florida Georgia Line - This is how we roll
Luke Bryan - Time to take my drunk @$$ home
Jarrod Niemann - Drink to that all night
Brantley Gilbert - Bottoms up
Cole Swindell - Hey Yall

Now for Dubstep/Techno

Scott and Brendo - Drive
Skrillex and the Doors - Breakin a Sweat
Birdy Man/ Skrillex - Goin' In
Bassnectar - Verbing the Noun
Yellow Claw - P*$$y Rich
Yellow Claw - DJ Turn It Up
Avicci - Fade Into Darkness
Armin Van Buuren - This is What it Feels Like
(not really dubstep but).. Ty Dolla Sign - Paranoid

Just a Start! :)

bergermaister
04-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm combing the list - looking for new stuff to add. Any chance you guys could flag those with a * that are heavy explicit or just too raunchy for the kids?

Me - old school rock, thrash metal, country
Wife - top 40, 70's rock, alternative
Daughters - top 40, one had a fling with dubstep but didnt' last.
Son - doesn't seem to care. Just tells me to turn it down a lot.

-So finding a happy middle ground is not easy!

I do like some of the remixes with a "rap" over a rock-n-roll background track. Mixups / Mashups - not even sure what to call them, but I've got Snoop Dog over Guns-n-Roses, Brittney Spears w/ Linkin Park, Girl Talk's "Oh No" with Ozzy background. That sort of thing.

Some other regulars/favs every summer:

CCR - Sweet Home Alabama
Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
Jake Owen - Barefoot Blue Jean
Brad Paisley - Water
Kenny Chesney - Pirate Flag
Steve Miller Band - just about anything
and LOTS of other random crap

kaneboats
04-03-2014, 02:39 PM
I could ride with you . . . mostly. I always like the metal and hair bands and my daughters have me liking more country (meaning the newer "rockin' country") than ever before.

jmvotto
04-03-2014, 02:51 PM
soundtrack fro FROZEN anyone? my 4 yr old loves that movie , but I am sick of the songs already....

bergermaister
04-03-2014, 02:58 PM
One word for you - headphones

bergermaister
04-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I could ride with you . . . mostly. I always like the metal and hair bands and my daughters have me liking more country (meaning the newer "rockin' country") than ever before.

Ok honestly I have a 100+ song playlist loaded with-

AC/DC
Def Leppard
Poison
Scorpions
Van Halen
Ozzy
Great White
Foreigner
Skid Row
Ratt
Motley Crue
Metallica
Bon Jovi
Winger
Damn Yankees
Firehouse
Night Ranger
and the list goes on

kaneboats
04-03-2014, 03:26 PM
OMG, Night Ranger? Really?

bergermaister
04-03-2014, 03:44 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/60/6080/Y9ND100Z/posters/beavis-butt-head.jpg

kriley
04-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Rock on Berg!!

We have :
ACDC - hellos bells, back in black, thunderstruck, give the dog a bone, etc, etc
Skinnard - give me three steps! Sweet home Alabama, FREEBIRD
Guns and roses
Aerosmith - all the greatest hits
Lil feat
Joan Jett - I love rock and roll
Metallica - many off greatest hits
Peter Frampton
Bob Segar
Bob Marley
Boston
Cheap trick
Chris Brown
Drivin and ruin - going straight to hell
The Georgia Satellites
Imagine Dragons
J. Dash
Jay Z
Jessie J
Kelly Clarkson
Kenny Chesney
Little big town
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Marc Anthony
Pittbull
Queen
Robin Thicker
Sean Kingston
Selena Gomez
Toby Keith
Vanilla Ice
And other junk

Most are picked by the kids and wife.....

ninedriver
04-03-2014, 08:07 PM
I like how you snuck vanilla ice in at the end. Sweet. I imagine your "vega's" will be pumpin....

kriley
04-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Nine driver - kids but it is better than what Berg listens to - Night Ranger

rdlangston13
04-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Out boat playlist consist of but is not limited to the following

Wear my ring - Bart crow band
Water - brad paisley
White trash story - Casey donahew band
Double wide dream - Casey donahew band
White trash story II - Casey donahew band
Rambling kind - Casey donahew band
Chicks dig it - Chris cagle
Rock the boat - Chris cagle
Boys from Oklahoma - cross Canadian ragweed
Ghosts 'n' stuff - deadmau5
Wild ones - flo rida
We are young - fun
Beer run - Garth brooks, George jones
Beer for breakfast - jb and the moonshine band
End of a dirt road - josh Abbott band
No shoes no shirt no problem - Kenny chesney
What I wouldn't give for your love - Kevin fowler
Hell yeah I like beer - Kevin fowler
Beer season - Kevin fowler
Never be that high - randy Rogers band
The ever clear song - roger creager
Plugged in (bass nectar remix) - rollz
Make it bun dem - skrillex
Oklahoma breakdown - Stoney larue

Where the boat leaves from - zac brown band

Sent from my iPhone

mikenehrkorn
04-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Hey, I'm with Berg -- Night Ranger is underrated!!!

ninedriver
04-04-2014, 02:20 AM
kriley, I have kids too...but when vanilla ice comes on it's all mommy and daddy and our half witted friends. I think there's closet vanilla lovers in all of us..

kriley
04-04-2014, 06:19 AM
kriley, I have kids too...but when vanilla ice comes on it's all mommy and daddy and our half witted friends. I think there's closet vanilla lovers in all of us..

I would agree but it is not played where anyone can hear... hahaha

Stazi
04-04-2014, 11:29 AM
BPM on Sirius or one of the following podcasts:
Tiesto's Club Life
Above & Beyond: Group Therapy Radio
Tritonia
AVB - A State of Trance
Paul Van Dyk's Vonyk Sessions
Corsten's Countdown

and I have a variey of other trance electronic stuff.

I love the old rock and alternative, but for surfing and wakeboarding it doesn't work for me....might as well be playing polka or big band music. LOL

bergermaister
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I would agree but it is not played where anyone can hear... hahaha

What? That's when you crank it up! And teach your kids to lip sync.

Geesh - you guys need to stop, collaborate and listen.

liquid_acid
04-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Kongos
R.L Burnside
Stightly Stoopid
Rebelution
Black Keys
Matt and Kim
Typical house/trap/dubstep mixes

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Props on rebelution. Going to go see them next week. Any suggestions that are similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnbrooks01
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Props on rebelution. Going to go see them next week. Any suggestions that are similar?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot. Some that I like are: Slightly Stoopid, The Expendables, Pepper, Tribal Seeds, Iration, The Dirty Heads. etc..........

uniwarking
04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
There are a lot. Some that I like are: Slightly Stoopid, The Expendables, Pepper, Tribal Seeds, Iration, The Dirty Heads. etc..........

All great stuff, I listen mostly to this stuff while chilling and then throw some of the heaver EDM and Rap type stuff while on the board, skis or tube.

You hit some great ones, to add a few: 311, Bob Marley (of course), Tomorrow's Bad Seeds, Collie Buddz, Sublime, One Drop, The Green, Long Beach Dub Allstars, SOJA, The Supervillans, Shwayze, etc. etc.

sivs1
02-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Thread revival!

I'm working on my list now. Previously I had Sirius XM radio so had lots of options. I have had Amazon Prime for a few years now and never got into Prime Music much. Boy, was I missing out, create play lists online for free and then you can download to your phone so you don't have to worry about data!

Gov't Mule, Umphrey's McGee, Moe, Tauk and then some randomness Hip Hop, rap and even techno mixed in.

What's typically on the stereo when you are on the water, wether surfing, boarding or just cruising?

dusty2221
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
90% of the time we have hip hop. Towards the end of last summer I started trying to make a beach/tie up friendly playlist on Spotify. You can search it if you like, it's just called "Clean Rap" There is a little baby making music on it but mostly upbeat fun current hip hop. A few explicit lyrics may sneak by but the majority is very clean.

Other than that, my other Spotify go-to's are Ed Sheran Radio, Metallica Radio, AWOL radio, Rock Solid Hits, and Thirty Seconds to Mars radio. My kiddo has been liteing to "Songs to Sing in the Car" playlist, has a good mix of current and old pop/rock hits.

CRAZy440
02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Yeah Amazon Music is great! I actually didn't know you could download your phone! That's great! My lake doesn't have the best coverage. Wonder if I can import music I already have in my iTunes?!

Gonna have some Skrillex, Deftones, Beatles, NWA, Faith No More, Daft Punk, The Offspring, Cage the Elephant, Sia, Dr. Dre, M&M, Nicki Minaj, No Doubt, Will Smith, many classic rock bands, prolly minimal country unless is Garth Brooks...

I have never had a stereo good enough with a motor quiet enough to listen to anything while moving! This summer will be the first...Awesome! We had to use CD's (what are those again!) before which skipped...a lot. We usually we played them till we hated them cuz it sucks making mixed CD's. Hey at least the boat didn't have the original TAPE player. :)

I will have some techno, rock or rap blasting while surfing or wakeboarding. Classic rock and wedding music while cruising. I say wedding music because people usually play music everyone loves at a wedding. Sing-alongs, familiar stuff, maybe even the chicken dance haha.

trayson
02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
The chicken dance is forever banned from my boat.

sivs1
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
The chicken dance is forever banned from my boat.

https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY

sandm
02-04-2016, 05:35 PM
I use mixcrate and download mixes by genre. it's free and burns onto a thumbdrive nicely. bonus is I use it in all my vehicles as well. nice to have 1-2hrs of uninterrupted music. only downside are that some have annoying snips from the mixing dj announcing who they are. I can typically spend a few hours on the pc some night and end up with 30hrs of music that will last me a few months.
gravitate toward current top40 and 80's top 40/hiphop.

I personally don't belong to amazon, don't believe in paying for music if it's out there for free nor believe in apples restrictive cellphone policies so this has worked great for me :)

csm
02-04-2016, 06:50 PM
I use Apple Radio... If it's me and buddies, it's a lot of hip hop and rock that I have downloaded. If the kiddos are with us, it's typically either something like Zac Brown radio, or some type of 90s alternative radio (i.e. Pearl Jam). I wish there was a 'clean' option you could turn on, so I could mix in some Outkast or Kendrick Lamar, but there's just no way with kids around.

CRAZy440
02-04-2016, 06:58 PM
https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY

What in the world! LOL That was pretty funny! I would play that chicken dance on my boat...

BamaMojo
02-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Do a lot of DJ mix stuff. A lot from podcast downloads. Good riding music, unless the wife is around, then downloaded playlist from iTunes.