PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing with two people

bouldozer
03-25-2014, 11:09 PM
I have a question , i have moomba mobius lsv 2007 with GIII with 400 x 2 in rear locker and 1000 in the center. I would like to know what is the best set up for wakesurfing with only two people ( driver and surfer). Thank you

moombadaze
03-26-2014, 07:10 AM
bigger bag in the rear surf side, no weight on the non surf side

wolfeman131
03-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Throw some weight in the bow, too. Either an IBS or sac on the seat.

Mobius22
03-27-2014, 05:56 PM
bigger bag in the rear surf side, no weight on the non surf side

This is your best bet for instant improvement

bouldozer
03-27-2014, 07:22 PM
This is your best bet for instant improvement

If i change the original 400lbs for 750 do you think its ok or i need more weight?

moombadaze
03-27-2014, 07:33 PM
If i change the original 400lbs for 750 do you think its ok or i need more weight?

the 750 will fit great in the rear locker, then take and repurpose that 400 bag, get a tsunami portable pump and fitting to fill and drain and use the 400 in the bow walkway-it fits perfectly there.

that's what I would do as I ran that setup for a summer

kaneboats
03-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Wakemakers has a kit for you to make it simple:

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-moomba-750-rear-upgrade.html

chadjitsu1
03-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Throw some weight in the bow, too. Either an IBS or sac on the seat.

I also have a 07 and you absolutely need to have weight in the nose of the boat for surfing. It will just wash out if you don't. I run 1100's in each rear locker 400 in the ski locker and IBS in the front. 99% of the time its just 2 of us going out so I fill the surf side all the way up so the hatch starts to open, fill the non surf side to about 300lb and completely fill the IBS and locker.

You will need to also put the wake plate all the way up and set PP to about 12 MPH.

That is the exact setup I run and it is a monster wake. I would also think that you could run 750's because I am not 100% convinced that the 1100"s are filling all the way up, I would bet that you could only get about 800lb in them anyway because of space restrictions. I also feel the same way about the IBS. I would bet that I am only getting about 400lb max in that thing too.

I would be very interested in seeing how a locker bag would fit (1 on each side) in the bow under the seats. It seems like there is a lot of space from the back of the bag to the storage area's.

Oh yea and since your upgrading the bags you you might want to upgrade the prop too if you want to use that weight for wakeboarding. You will never get on plane unless you upgrade. I think there are a few for sale on the classifieds. I also think that there is someone selling Jabsco pumps on there. Go Big

bouldozer
03-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I also have a 07 and you absolutely need to have weight in the nose of the boat for surfing. It will just wash out if you don't. I run 1100's in each rear locker 400 in the ski locker and IBS in the front. 99% of the time its just 2 of us going out so I fill the surf side all the way up so the hatch starts to open, fill the non surf side to about 300lb and completely fill the IBS and locker.

You will need to also put the wake plate all the way up and set PP to about 12 MPH.

That is the exact setup I run and it is a monster wake. I would also think that you could run 750's because I am not 100% convinced that the 1100"s are filling all the way up, I would bet that you could only get about 800lb in them anyway because of space restrictions. I also feel the same way about the IBS. I would bet that I am only getting about 400lb max in that thing too.

I would be very interested in seeing how a locker bag would fit (1 on each side) in the bow under the seats. It seems like there is a lot of space from the back of the bag to the storage area's.

Oh yea and since your upgrading the bags you you might want to upgrade the prop too if you want to use that weight for wakeboarding. You will never get on plane unless you upgrade. I think there are a few for sale on the classifieds. I also think that there is someone selling Jabsco pumps on there. Go Big

Thx for information :)

bouldozer
03-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry for stupid question but what its a IBS bag ? This is the samething than a fat sack?

mikenehrkorn
03-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Integrated Bow Sac -- its just a fat sac designed to fit under the bow seats

chadjitsu1
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Sorry for stupid question but what its a IBS bag ? This is the samething than a fat sack?

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-integrated-bow-sac.html

cornrickey
03-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Build yourself some wakegates and you can cut your weight significantly. I'd also recommend a good mirror.

mikenehrkorn
03-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Mirror would be a definite must have with only two people and even that may not meet the laws of your state -- you might want to check on that before getting a ticket.

Shameless plug............if you need a mirror I have a nice one for sale in the classifieds -- https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?23680-Mirrors-and-tower-arms-brackets