PDA

View Full Version : Moomba/Supra Owners Water Activities Poll

kaneboats
03-25-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm trying to see the breakdown among boaters on here based on activities you participate in the most frequently. In other words, when the Indmar horses are running, what are you doing? Select the choice that most closely resembles your activities and post any comments below.

saskyrider
03-25-2014, 11:51 AM
I don't see an option for a poll?

1. Surfing -- my knees can't take the shock anymore... to many years as a kid building big snowboarding jumps with flat landings....
2. tubing -- daughter loves to ride in the tube and visit with friends while we cruise...
3. kneeboarding -- slowly stealing time from tubing as daughter is getting hang of it.
4. wakeboarding -- usually at beginning of year when i think i'm younger than i actually am... and my other driver likes to board.

trayson
03-25-2014, 12:41 PM
I'd say that we're 70% Surf, 25% Wakeboard, 5% ski. That said, we are often just crusing or drifting listening to music...

Man, I need some water time bad.

sandm
03-25-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't see a surf all the time option?

Boonejeepin
03-25-2014, 01:22 PM
1. Surf -75%
2. Wakeboard - 20%
3. Tubing - 2%
4. Everything else (to and from boat ramp) - 3%

kaneboats
03-25-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't see a surf all the time option?

Guess I needed about 50 choices on there.

bergermaister
03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
49 would probably do it.

60% surf
20% wakeboard
10% tube
-10% ski (sold 'em last year)
300% beer
90% tunes
10% floating

i'm guud at math

KG's Supra24
03-25-2014, 02:47 PM
We mostly wakeboard or just hang out relaxing.

We surfed a lot when we first got the boat but the novelty kinda wore off. I guess we need to learn how to do some tricks. Plan on doing more surfing this year, though.

jpetty3023
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
60/40 wakeboard/surf. son and youngest daughter love to wakeboard until the infamous face plant. both seemed to be leaning more to surfing by end of last year. with the ballast upgrade during the off season I see more surf in our future. my oldest daughter loves to tube but gosh I hate setting that ip

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2

rdlangston13
03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Wakeboard probably 98% of the time, tube 1.5% of the time and surf .5% of the time.

jester
03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
My breakdown is wakeboard until the water is too choppy or I feel old then surf. Once the water clears up we wakeboard again.

tnbrooks01
03-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Wakeboarding and to and from "the spot". With our house being finished in about a month that may change to spend more time just chilling and haning out.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

rca
03-26-2014, 01:54 AM
95% surf these days
5% kneeboard/wakeboard

Surfing is much more fun for my 48 year old body and with the right boards it's a challenge and a blast.

moombadaze
03-26-2014, 07:26 AM
75% surf, 25% tube. but some days I feel its the other way around

jmvotto
03-26-2014, 10:47 AM
49 would probably do it.

60% surf
20% wakeboard
10% tube
-10% ski (sold 'em last year)
300% beer
90% tunes
10% floating

i'm guud at math

X2...............

irish-racing
03-26-2014, 02:03 PM
The older i get, the harder the falls get wakeboarding. So we are still 50/50 surfing and wakeboarding but I feel that will change this season.

tgoody14
03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Mine and Berg's math is similar

100% tunes
20% alcohol
60% Surf
40% tied up with friends
50% alcohol
40% pulling girls on the tubes

All of a sudden we're at 80% alcohol and we think we can go 110% wakeboard....

We FAIL, then limp our 5% way home in shame...

Next day it's a 110% painful to be out doing it all over again!!!!

New Guy
03-26-2014, 08:35 PM
We mostly wakeboard or just hang out relaxing.

We surfed a lot when we first got the boat but the novelty kinda wore off. I guess we need to learn how to do some tricks. Plan on doing more surfing this year, though.

Same with us we got bored surfing fast. I think with the flow system and not swapping ballast as much well surf more. Only after wakeboarding thought.

rdlangston13
03-26-2014, 09:11 PM
I think it would interesting for peoples ages to be listed as well to see if the difference in boarding to surfing changes with an age increase or decrease...

rca
03-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Late 40s for me. I'm pretty sure it definitely changed with as I aged. The high speed, trying to get some air falls are much harder to recover from as I get older.

Really though surfing got more fun for us as we understood how to make a really good wave, got enough ballast for the boat and got surf boards that let our abilities increase. That last item is pretty key. Surfing on a CWB Ride gets boring fast. Put a properly sized Victoria skim, Doomswell, Phase 5 or Soulcraft under your feet and it's a different ball game.

bergermaister
03-26-2014, 11:30 PM
When I was in my early 30's taking a header or faceplant was something I could usually shake off, numb with a beer, and keep going. Only feel it a little the next day. In my late 30's those same stunts put me in the hospital once, out of commission more than once, and thinking I had been hit by a truck when I woke up the next morning.

Now that I'm starting into the 40's I'm thinking we'll see more surfing and a few "I can still do it" WB passes when the water is PERFECT.

What about playing on the surfboard at WB length at around 15mph? We were doing that a lot last summer and it was pretty fun. Long live the skurfer!

mikenehrkorn
03-27-2014, 08:19 AM
I just passed the 50 mark last year and my knees/body just can't take the pounding any more. I will wakeboard once or twice a year but mainly to show myself that I can still do it. Same with the slalom.

Surfing was the main reason we bought our Moomba -- let the kids kill themselves on the wakeboard and I'm just fine with the 6" fall from the surf board going a blazing 10 mph!!! That my body can still handle..... :)

What about playing on the surfboard at WB length at around 15mph? We were doing that a lot last summer and it was pretty fun. Long live the skurfer!

^^^^ That is an interesting idea, we'll have to give that a try this season!!

Boonejeepin
03-28-2014, 01:38 AM
I think it would interesting for peoples ages to be listed as well to see if the difference in boarding to surfing changes with an age increase or decrease...

34 here. Surf most of the time because it is easier on the body.

First time up on a Wakeboard was 4 years ago. I wish I had known how fun wakeboarding is when I was 16 and in shape. I feel too old to push my limits now. I still have to show up at work and earn a paycheck to keep the kids fed.

trayson
03-28-2014, 11:32 AM
This is starting to sound like an AARP recruiting meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm in my early 40's as well. I guess I'm fortunate in that I started wakeboarding in 1997 when I was still in my 20's. I pretty much got myself up to my current level of skill way back then. Even when I was young and invincible, I gave up on trying inverts because it hurt too much slapping my face.

I have to wonder what things would have been like if I'd had today's technology back then.

We were on a 96 MB Sports Boss 200. I finally threw down and bought a Sklon extended pole but that was it. There was no "ballast" much less systems. There wasn't any "non-stretch" wake line. And our boards were my Neptune Impala and my buddy's Neptune GTO with the hyperlite wrap bindings where you'd stick your fingers in the holes and stuff your feet in.

But I guess it's good that I got to my current level early, and just held it forever. Better than having to fight my way up to it while I'm fighting against my body...

tnbrooks01
03-28-2014, 12:12 PM
I just turned 40. However, the main reason I have a boat is Tyler is only 13. Thats why we bought the first boat in 2010 when he learned to wakeboard.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

bergermaister
03-28-2014, 01:48 PM
I have to wonder what things would have been like if I'd had today's technology back then.

Don't we all. Had I been able to afford a boat like this in my 20's my skill level may be different today.

rdlangston13
03-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Wish I would have started wake boarding earlier on in life too. I know what you mean about not being able to tear your body up so you can earn a pay check. That seems to be one of the advantages of an office job...you can go to work on crutches!

Sent from my iPhone