PDA

View Full Version : Prop

csaj4506
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm looking for a spare prop and prop pulling tool kit to keep in the boat. Does anyone know of any good deals? What size of shaft does an 05 Mobius LS have? Is it right handed or left handed? At one time I read something about a rubber prop for emergency use, where can I look into that as an option? All input is welcome.

BensonWdby
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Check one of the other thread on this board. Someone got a good deal from OJ Props.

Several of the peopple I have talked to claim the three blade ACME prop is the best you get. I hve one on my 99 Mobius, but can't tell that much difference.

I would not get a rubber prop. If you damage your prop it could be a week or two before you get it repaired, maybe more. You are going to want a working prop while it is in the shop.

If you do get a puller, I suggest practicing with it when you don't need it. After you have done it once you will be able to change props in no-time on the boat landing. But learning on the landing might be frustrating...

Good luck .
Dave.

Jon
03-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Your 05 Mobius LS has a 1" shaft. The stock prop should have been a 3 blade 13x11.5 CNC OJ. You will need a LH rotation prop. I'd get the exact prop that came with the boat as a backup. That is that prop the SC engineers found that the boat to perform best with so I'd stick with it.

qb12
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
I am the one who recommended oj for props. However that was for repairs. I am unaware that they sell direct to the public with the exception of a repair that cannot be preformed.

It is a 1" left hand turn. I also thought it was a 13 X 13. I got my replacement from skidim with the puller and case.

A word of advice when replacing is to leave the bolt on the end of the shaft before you pull the old one off because it can come off quick and either cut you or hit the ground.

Doug

Buttafewcoe
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Good to know q.....I've had me Outback for almost 2 years now and have yet to pull the prop off.
Thanks for the heads up!
B