PDA

View Full Version : When to Pick up new 2002 outback

99outback
05-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Last weekend I went to pick up my new 2002 outback. I purchased it last october 2002. At that time I took it out for a quick ride and had to have it.

I made of list of things that needed attention over the winter,

List

-repair 1 inch gouge in left rear swim platform
-steering really stiff
-throttle handle really stiff going into reverse
-install stereo and remote
-fuel guage does not work
-tie down straps for trailer
-depth guage installed

I called up the dealer and told them I will be coming up to pick up my new baby have her ready. I was told she will be ready dont worry hahahahhahahaha.

When I arrived boat was buried in back of yard covered in mud.
-the swim platform had not been repaired
-the depth guage was installed but not working
-radio was installed with no remote
-fuel guage still did not work
-no tie down straps
-
I took boat out for a 3 hour spin, during this time my wife could not musle the boat in reverse, it was really stiff, I could barely get it in. Went back to the marina the service fellow made some adjust ment and it was now alot better. But know the WOT is about 4 oclock. The steering was still stiff.

Finally my question

Im really not all that impressed with this Moomba dealer however he is the only one in Ontario, can I have the boat serviced any where else?

WHat is the factory setting for WOT in forward? . Mine currently is set around 4 Oclock, 12 being in neutral.

The throttle cable and steering are still very stiff, im told it will loosen up with use.

I should mention the boat has 6 hrs on it now.

Thanks in advance.

Buy the way great Site I have being reading it for quite some time but did not get the boat till last week so I figured I had nothing to offer yet .

Thanks in advance

99 OUTBACK LS ballast tow
05-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Must be talkin about gary. Surprised you got that much done.
Talk directly to Andrew he is the service tech there. I got fed up and finally went to Club Royal in michigan to have a factory tower installed on my boat. Its about 1hour from Sarnia